What's your job?

LaserBlueZ71

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT manager at a rural Internet Service Provider / Telco. I get to work on IP MPLS routing, equipment for providing DSL, DOCSIS (cable modem), Fiber to the Home, voice switching, etc. I'm a geek and get lots of variety working on different things. Love it.

I spend a bunch of time in matlab and excel too. I can make a mean ppt though!

It's 100% accurate

I was in PowerPoint and excel most of the day today

Ryan

I am employed by the Federal Govt. Been working in law enforcement since I was 19. Started out local and worked my way up the food chain fairly quick. Not a bad deal and it pays well.

For everyone here paying taxes, thank you!

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Your life is pretty much what I was planning on. I joined the Army at 19 and planned to do 4 years then go law enforcement and work my way up to Federal. After I busted my back down in Fort Bliss,TX all my plans changed since no law enforcement agency with touch someone who has disks fused. Thanks for being out there and protecting us.

Sold my part of the family business to younger brother retired at 59 just two wks ago. Im sure in the not too distant future Ill work part time.....Maybe

That's what I did. I retired at 59 from 35 years of Project Management with a large Engineering/Construction company... that only lasted about 3 months. I couldn't stand the boredom so I went back to work as a contractor for Honeywell for the last 5 years. Fully retired now, but ....... ya never know what might be around the corner! :thumbs:

Archived