What's your job?

LaserBlueZ71

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Telecommunications Manager, Fitness and Diet Coach, some motivational speaking in my free time. Father, getting my 3 year old to start helping with the truck, but she just wants to drive, haha

Lighting and Rigging. I've been doing this for 25 years. ugh.....

This particular show is MGX in Atlanta. 10 trailers of lighting and rigging only. 1200+ moving lights. There are so many lights, so many.... It's painful when they are all on.

IMG_20130712_153017_716_zpsgsnpchoh.jpg

Went to advance auto for an interview. First thing he said was " wow this is nice paper" the only real question he asked me is if i've ever done a brake job i said disk only. I told him i had a suburban and he said "you got a big v8 in that thing" Then we talk about suburbans, k&n intakes, and blackbear [emoji23][emoji23]. Prolly not gonna accept the job because its only 15-25 hrs a week. He liked me and my performance mods. He smiled and lit up like a christmas tree when i told him i had a vette servo and best sunshell [emoji4]

What does everyone do for work? Are you self employed, or work for someone else?

I am curious to see what industries others are in. I am at that point in my life (27, a little late actually by some standards) where I need to pick something. I want a career, not just a job. I was self employed for a few years, and I miss that feeling dearly, but I was married to that job. Going back there isn't an option since I want a family now.

So, what's your line of work?

Still have not figured out what I want to do when I grow up either. But am 41, so the aging part is accelerating faster than the growing up part.

Since 2007 have been doing this. Am self employed, which is great in theory. But bad in terms regulations, healthcare & competing with co's who

have 5 to 10 trucks or 200 for that matter.

post-29472-0-44381200-1425399508_thumb.jpg

If retired is an occupation, then that is what I do (since July 3014). Life is good right now.

You've been retired since the future?!? I'm impressed. What made you come back to 2015 to write that? :rollin:

I'm in organized crime, specializing in extortion......Just kidding....I'm a used car salesman at a Chevrolet dealership.

LOL.... Pretty much the same thing.

Process Engineer for a Boron Nitride ceramic synthesis plant. I do mainly project work to help with productivity or facilities. Also in a development program with Saint-Gobain North America.

I make really cool maps for the short version of it lol.

I'm a GISP (geographic information systems professional). Currently I'm the GIS coordinator for a timber management company. Previously I was with the State Department of Transportation as a District GIS coordinator, and did some GIS technician level stuff for the State Tax department in the mine/mineral and oil and gas sections.

I work plenty with microstation and autocad, also have a little programming experience that's handy with GIS. Been dabbling with creating some cool mapping apps for smart phones in my spare time. Also do some surveying from time to time if needed and plenty of GPS field work. With GIS the possibilities are endless as I've seen it used in all industries.

-Skeet

Archived