Brake lights not working

mcsddd

99 gmc sierra

Brake lights aren't working but turn signals are. Checked the harness under the truck and turn light gets signal but test light does not come on when brake pedal is pressed. The brake light at the top of the truck doesnt work either. I have also changed the brake light switch and nothing. Checked fuses aswell. Any help would be great. Thanks

99 gmc sierra

Brake lights aren't working but turn signals are. Checked the harness under the truck and turn light gets signal but test light does not come on when brake pedal is pressed. The brake light at the top of the truck doesnt work either. I have also changed the brake light switch and nothing. Checked fuses aswell. Any help would be great. Thanks

That's as far as you can go,unless you have a schematic and self diagnosing experience ,

Check junction block under rear of truck , what platform truck do you have ,

99 is a split yr

Did you use a GM brake switch or an aftermarket?

I had no brake lights on my 98 and traced it to the switch. The dealer was not open so I bought an aftermarket and installed it. Still no lights. Got a replacement aftermarket and this time checked it before installing. Then my shifter lock would not disengage. Yep the switch.

Monday morning I bought a GM switch and then all was well.

Don't assume the new switch is good unless you check it with a meter.

Archived