King Shock Offers Colorado Suspension Upgrade Package

Gorehamj

King shock colorado.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
2/27/2015

King Shock has announced an OEM suspension upgrade package it says will increase the on and off-road performance of the Chevy Colorado. The package includes coilover shocks with an adjustable ride height, several spring rates to choose from, and easy valve adjustments and are 100% serviceable. The company has posted the video below and more information on its website. If you are looking to raise the level of performance on your new Colorado, this is worth a look. You can see the complete specs at the site, but what we took notice of was that this upgrade requires no cutting or welding on your new in-warranty truck.

King shock colorado.jpg

King shock colorado.jpg

King shock colorado.jpg

Funny that these were what were on the ZR2 concept. Wonder what this means for ZR2 now that King is offering the shocks...

Seeing they are calling it an OEM performance kit, maybe its a way for them to sell the stuff to non ZR2 purchasers...

I hope as newdude said that this is the result of them actually bringing the ZR2 to production. GM would definitely want a hefty premium for it, but it's a very capable mid size trail/hunter that could go just about anywhere. I honestly would love to see them extend into the full size silverado and sierra. I can't scream it enough i want a raptor competitor and a real one.

Looks like this truck has a similar limitation on the UCA ball joint angle. Notice the aftermarket UCAs?

I did matter of fact it was the first thing i noticed when the camera went inside the wheel well. Lol that's what they're not telling you "New UCAs required, sold separately."

I hope as newdude said that this is the result of them actually bringing the ZR2 to production. GM would definitely want a hefty premium for it, but it's a very capable mid size trail/hunter that could go just about anywhere. I honestly would love to see them extend into the full size silverado and sierra. I can't scream it enough i want a raptor competitor and a real one.

I agree that GM should be more competitive and have something like Fords Rap ...even the Ram out does the GM crap...I am seriously considering a brand change after 30 yrs of loyalty...which GM doesn't give a damn about...[emoji12]

While I still love my sierra, for its premium it's almost like a modders truck. It's going to need a level/lift (which we can excuse most trucks have rake.) HIDs, a tune to get the proper response out of the 5.3l and even the 6.2l. The tranny is just lackluster. I mean it works but there is such a delay to throttle response that it's a noticeable complaint for me. Something that Ford and dodge don't have. Exhaust and tires is another. The fact is you could pay in full for a ford raptor or Ram Rebel and have all those features come with the truck and likely pay the same price for a regular loaded sierra like have. That's where it's really annoying.

I love my truck don't get me wrong but the loaded ram of my buddies was 6000$ less and pretty much has all the same features my sierra. Another friend of mine is about to pick up a raptor for roughly 45-50$ from what he told me. The sticker on mine was 51 I think we paid 41 IIRC.

The fact of the matter is as much as I like GM they're charging premium for what's becoming pretty standard in the truck industry. Which I want a raptor competitor but when I really think about it could be outrageously priced.

If the new Raptor comes in a 6 1/2 ft bed, it may be my next truck. Strictly for bird hunting of course.

...well, I may have to wait a few years for the new to wear off this one. LOL.

If the new Raptor comes in a 6 1/2 ft bed, it may be my next truck. Strictly for bird hunting of course.

...well, I may have to wait a few years for the new to wear off this one. LOL.

For sure people need a raptor for "bird watching"...I mean hunting....outta my way nature...Raptor tearing through your terrain gotta get me my ducks...quack...quack......BOOM....Dare...dats what I'm talkin bout.... [emoji3]

I would use a raptor to hunt in fo sho. Would also fly down rowed up fields and go anywhere on my farm. Likely bury the vehicle a couple of times. But man that suspension would be fun crossing fields.

Archived