bed rug install

my bed rug came in today.....my toneau cover isnt going to arrive for 1-2 more weeks

i had a bed i cant use and dont want to scratch up.....my kids back backs are stuffing the interior due to lack of space

can you install the bed rug w/o a bed liner? will it fly out? will snow/rain mess it up? is it means for snow/rain?

anyone install one? any tips?

my bed rug came in today.....my toneau cover isnt going to arrive for 1-2 more weeks

i had a bed i cant use and dont want to scratch up.....my kids back backs are stuffing the interior due to lack of space

can you install the bed rug w/o a bed liner? will it fly out? will snow/rain mess it up? is it means for snow/rain?

anyone install one? any tips?

The bedrug is the bed liner. No it will not fly out and it will not get hurt by the weather. Mine was covered in snow and ice when I had my snow blower in the bed during a snow storm. It's all good.

I prefer the plastic Penda style liners personally because the ridges keep your stuff out of the water, snow.

I did try one sort of "bed rug" that my dad set me up with though, and that thing was not bad:

http://www.humanerubberflooring.com/

He cut two of these rubber barn mats to fit the bed, they were pretty much indestructible and non slip.

This is my second truck with a bed rug, well worth the money.

Take the bed rug our of the box and lay it out flat, it will help when you go to install it. Since you have several days before your tonneau cover shows up. I let my bed rug sit flat in my basement for a week before I installed it.

You will need to cut the bed rug in several spots. You will need to make slits for the 4 tie down hooks in each corner. If you have the under the bed rail lights you will need to cut for them also.

I would also dry fit the bed rug to make sure you understand what to do. Its not that hard to install take like 10 minutes.

It will be fine - they are actually made to be used without a tonneau. I've had one for 17 years now in an open bed without any problems.

I hate that they chose the name "BedRug" because it makes people think it's just a carpet and won't hold up. These things are actually pretty indestructible and after 17 years mine still has not stained.

• 1 month later...

hey,does GM make a replacement velcro kit for the bed rug?

Good question I was thinking about this too. Anybody know?

Huggytree, if you haven't already, watch plenty of install videos on Youtube for the Bedrug. Just installed mine last week. You will love it. I cleaned my bed good with spray cleaner and then used denatured alcohol to clean the areas that the velcro attached. It looks really good, will not stain and definitely feels good to the knees. Best of all, to me, no drilling. Have a sharp razor knife for the tie downs. Be patient. It is relatively easy to install. Another good point is you can undo and adjust as you go, if necessary. Good luck. You'll love it.

Archived