How to know if there is a TSB

Hello,

Just a quick question for you guys. I have been hanging out here for awhile and reading things about transfer cases, heated seats, wobbly seats, steering and a few other things people have taken their trucks in for because of a TSB. I don't know if these are mostly 2014's that have the issues and they have been fixed or if some 2015's have the same issues. Basically what I want to know is, how do you know when a TSB comes out? does GM notify you of one or is that for only recalls? Do you just have something weird happening and take it in and they fix it if there is a TSB?

I want to make sure I have all the latest software and programming I can and the "fixes" if I don't already have them. When I ask my dealer they won't say unless I'm experiencing a problem.

so Is there a way to know what TSB's are out for your model?

sorry if this is a noob question, thanks

TSB are VIN and model/year based. There is no list for them that the general public has access to as they are not recalls, they are Technical Service Bulletins.

Hello,

Just a quick question for you guys. I have been hanging out here for awhile and reading things about transfer cases, heated seats, wobbly seats, steering and a few other things people have taken their trucks in for because of a TSB. I don't know if these are mostly 2014's that have the issues and they have been fixed or if some 2015's have the same issues. Basically what I want to know is, how do you know when a TSB comes out? does GM notify you of one or is that for only recalls? Do you just have something weird happening and take it in and they fix it if there is a TSB?

I want to make sure I have all the latest software and programming I can and the "fixes" if I don't already have them. When I ask my dealer they won't say unless I'm experiencing a problem.

so Is there a way to know what TSB's are out for your model?

sorry if this is a noob question, thanks

TSBs are for technicians not veh owners , it's a fix for a problem that has been a pain in GMs butt , they are not free after warranty is over

The vast majority of issues are dealt with via "PI's". Not TSB's. Don't believe PI's have to be made public. After all, they are just "Preliminary Information". And most stay in that status forever.

Archived