Cali's 2014 Iridium Double Cab build!!

CaliIridium14

What's up guys this build thread is long overdue and I wish I'd started it when I first got the truck so I could have something to look back on to see it as it progressed, even though I haven't done that much to it yet!

Current modifications

-Airaid CAI

-Borla Sport Catback exhaust

-Line-X'd bed liner

-Window tint (limo in back, unsure of % i front, already got a ticket though)

-De-badged everything except GMC emblems

-Denali Grille

-Color matched bumpers and some trim pieces

-Window moldings painted gloss black

Imminent mods

-Leather interior (should receive it late next week and install by the weekend)

-HID retrofitted headlights with color matching (plan on sending to fast headlights but first need to fix up old car as my car will be without headlights for about two weeks)

-upgrading a few accessory lights to LED

Future mods

-wheels and tires (still undecided on which direction I'll be going with this)

-possible 4'' lift

-single JL 10'' in custom enclosure with JL amp

-long flow headers

-tune

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure I missed at least a few things.

I've got a couple shots from when I first got the truck and then i'll move forward to some pics taken earlier today

QhuJFNa.jpg

2C3IJdY.jpg

60WRS58.jpg

fn3jX8U.jpg

ImeAeVO.jpg

VNNgYV8.jpg?1

Thanks for reading, can't wait to update once i get my leather seats in!

Swapped out the oem bulbs in the reverse and cargo lights for some super bright LED's

No before pics but here's after

H3OitON.jpg

q3h6T0O.jpg

Bought the LED's here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321273754604?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Shipping was super fast and install was a piece of cake, except for removing the bulb housing for the cargo lights, extremely tight!! Grabbed a 15mm wrench and it came out smooth as butter

Quick and easy upgrade would do it again in a second. My next upgrade however...

Great progress.... How's the exhaust? Did you get though the dealer?

Thanks! I got the exhaust from autoanything. When asking my dealer about it before i bought it they were saying it would take another 2 weeks to get it and I was anxious to get the truck home so I ordered it online the day after I got the truck. It has a really nice tone to it, but to be honest I was hoping for something a little more aggressive. Should've gotten the ATAK model instead of the Sport. Probably better off with the quieter model, I get pulled over enough for the tint, lol.

The paint matched bumpers and grille looks great. Looking forward to the rest of your build.

Thank you! Me too, I've got a package coming in today that I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully finish the install by tomorrow afternoon

They probably think a Katz inside!!!

Lol!

I've a feeling they knew exactly what was in there.

While I was busy working on em they cozy'd up real nice before I'd even got a chance to

QYEMcee.jpg

Keep those pictures coming...

Man!! The rear's were a piece of cake compared to the front row!

imgur is not agreeing with me right now and only let me upload a few for who knows what reason

just a couple quick shots, I really gotta get back to work if I'm gonna finish before sun goes down, i'll take a lot more pics after i've finished. I'm extremely satisfied with the color though and can't wait to be complete!!

back row done, trying to heat out the wrinkles

UhPHLjG.jpg

current state of my living room

WamvBtD.jpg

Wow those katzkin look to fit extremely well. How would you compare the fit and finish to factory?

Thank you, they do! I'd say if you put in enough effort and have the patience they fit about 95% as well as stock

Looking great. Love those seat covers and the front end.

Thank you thank you!!

SO i've finally finished with these seat covers and can't be more relieved/satisfied. Wednesday night I did the rears and while challenging, I found enjoyable. They took me about 3-4 hours once I removed them from the truck (which was pretty easy)

Thursday morning I went to work on removing the fronts. I knew it'd be more difficult because of all of the controls and electric components but thought I'd be prepared having already finished the rear.

Nope. I was at war with the front seats and center console ALL DAY AND NIGHT AND THIS MORNING! My fingers kept getting chewed up which was a royal pain in the ass not only cause it hurt but because I kept having to stop and bandage them to ensure I didn't get blood on anything. If I had to do it again I'd probably pay someone to do the fronts

Frustrations aside, I'm extremely happy with the way they turned out. Many times I had to backtrack and re-do something because I wasn't happy with the fit.

I didn't think I'd notice much difference comfort wise but they're definitely more comfortable to sit on than the cloth seats!! The color is gorgeous though I'm not sure I captured it well when I took these pics. After the install was complete I went out for a beer and some sushi with my lady for a much needed break.

The finished product :pimp:

kDpnZLA.jpg

QSH1yTz.jpg

sWFVFHN.jpg

5HRTWop.jpg

While I had one hell of a time with the seats, some other members of this forum might not find it so difficult. I'm not especially handy nor do I work with my hands everyday as some of you might. For anyone with cloth seats IMO this is a very worthwhile upgrade!

Can't believe this can't be done at home props to your work on he seats question where u get the Denali grille and secondly wat is in the letter "c" on the grill I noticed it like tape?

Archived