PARK ASSIST UNAVAILABLE...

So I just recently purchased a beautiful 2014 Sierra SLT with front and rear park assist. I am having a little bit of trouble with it though and was hoping that you might be able to assist me. My truck is very clean (I just had it detailed) when i got in it this morning and put it into reverse, the camera display had a message on it saying "park assist symbols unavailable" and then the front assist graph has all the bars lit up and the DIC message states "park assist blocked, see owners manual". I do not understand what the problem is. My detailer picked it up yesterday morning and had it in his heated shop until about 2:00PM yesterday afternoon. Shouldn't the sensors have dried out by then? I did clean them this morning with a microfiber towel and rubbing alcohol to no avail. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!

-Mike

So I just recently purchased a beautiful 2014 Sierra SLT with front and rear park assist. I am having a little bit of trouble with it though and was hoping that you might be able to assist me. My truck is very clean (I just had it detailed) when i got in it this morning and put it into reverse, the camera display had a message on it saying "park assist symbols unavailable" and then the front assist graph has all the bars lit up and the DIC message states "park assist blocked, see owners manual". I do not understand what the problem is. My detailer picked it up yesterday morning and had it in his heated shop until about 2:00PM yesterday afternoon. Shouldn't the sensors have dried out by then? I did clean them this morning with a microfiber towel and rubbing alcohol to no avail. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!

-Mike

The owners manual states to see your dealer for a reason , you have a trouble code in the 'putor , to be diagnosed , you have warranty

Thank you for the replies. I guess I will wait a few days. We are suppose to have a very warm day here on Tuesday (35 deg.)...LOL!!

we'll see if they thaw out by then. Otherwise, I have to take it to my dealership.

the visible appearance of ice or snow is not sole determining factor if the sensors are frozen. they can be frozen in absence of such. in either case, they will resume working once they thaw out. apparently moisture can get trapped between or behind the sensors and their mounts.

Archived