2014 Silverado .. What's this slot for? Onboard ATM?

I had pulled the trim off, before. It didn't have any wires or connectors, but it did have a framework with a stainless steel clip within. If I had to guess, I'd say "it's to hold a credit card". I don't travel toll roads often and i usually pay with cash. But, if they take credit card payments, it would hold the card securely. ?? :chevrolet: One of the engineers used every spot he could find to put a compartment of some kind.

• Like 1

Yes its for a card slot. For work I need an access card in order to get into the parking garage, I keep it in that slot. Quite convenient actually. And yes it does hold it very securely.

Edited by Angel27
  • Like 2

Holy cow - I was too timid to ask about that slot but I'm so glad to see there's an actual purpose for it. I've been afraid to put my parking garage card in there for fear it would just eat it! Ha.

Holy cow - I was too timid to ask about that slot but I'm so glad to see there's an actual purpose for it. I've been afraid to put my parking garage card in there for fear it would just eat it! Ha.

Built in card shredder.