Westin Bull-bar interferes with park assist

Hi,

New to forum first post....this might be a topic already discussed but I need some help.... I recently installed a Westin bull-bar to my 2014 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ, I enjoy the look and was hoping to keep the parking assist feature as it tends to come in handy from time to time. Has anyone figured out any way to modify the sensors (i.e. move them, or turn off the center sensors) if you all can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Bull bar on the back end? that is where the sensor are. Confused.. but then, that is my normal state of mind.

2014 with a bull bar...a 2014 1500? With front park sensors?

I think under vehicle personalization via the radio you can disable the park assist system but I think that will disable front and rear. Its under the vehicle section of the settings on the radio. Collision/Detection systems.

Unfortunately with the bull bar blocking the sensors, the system will error out unless it is removed. Only the rear sensors have a setting for objects behind the truck, called On With Towbar. Keeps it from freaking out if you have a hitch in your reciever.

Archived