GMC's new marketing push - Precision

Gorehamj

GMC Precision.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3/2/2015

GM's new three-part marketing campaign will focus on the concept of Precision. Three TV spots will bring into focus how GMC's truck designers and engineers use the same type of precise decision-making and execution as professional athletes and fashion designers to create trucks. Eminence Front, by the Who, provides the musical intro to the commercials. If you were a Who fan in the 1980s, you might remember that song because Daltrey is shown playing the guitar chord progression of the song and Townsend sings in the videos.

GM's Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing explained the tie in to buyer's, saying, “For discerning GMC customers, Professional Grade has evolved to mean exacting attention to detail and fine craftsmanship in everything they do and purchase." The three spots are called "Fastball", "Swish", and "Sharp."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKkH1yeglo

GMC Precision.jpg

GMC Precision.jpg

GMC Precision.jpg

They forgot the precision part when designing the piss poor output headlamps. And the 12 hole, thru the fender, dirt catching, wheel house flares. Or when they decided to eliminate the bucket seat front hold down bolts, instead, opting for hooks, that will stretch their floor pan holes, resulting in more rattles.

The 3 position door checks are a nice touch, though.

That's great now put the ZR2 Colorado in production and give us full blown Chevy Trail Boss to compete with the Raptor, or extend the ZR2 package to the full size trucks. Or just get up and update the Z71 package to be much like Toyota's TRD pro package. This crap of throwing rebranded ranchos on there with some electronic features, and at the very least average all terrains is annoying. Put some bilstein 6112s or something similar to what Toyota is using and give a dedicated 2" of lift out of the gate, have it ship with K02s or ATIIs, new rims, wider stance, etc. That would be a start.

Put some bilstein 6112s or something similar to what Toyota is using and give a dedicated 2" of lift out of the gate, have it ship with K02s or ATIIs, new rims, wider stance, etc. That would be a start.

That would yield 13 mph with a 5.3 and be a dog. Add the 6.2 to get power back and you're looking at a 12 mpg $65k truck and people will complain of the high price.

Just re-read my post i meant 2" Level or just the truck leveled enough to putt 33s on it. Not an 2" full lift. Leveled with 33" toyos ATII or K02s in the 280/60/20 range would be pretty awesome, you'd still be able to hit 17-18 i think honestly.

Hey! I know! To help out GM, and foster goodwill, let's all BASH GM on the GM TRUCKS forum!

Get over yourselves.

Constructive criticism isn't bashing, i mean damn we bought the trucks so we're clearly demonstrating good will. Simply pointing out that they continue to avoid delivering any significant upgrade over the stale z71 package for offroad, while the other big players are. Being a fan of GM, it's somewhat annoying. Dropping 41k on a truck to spend another 5-7 grand getting it setup like you want it. Don't get me wrong all the upgrades aren't necessities but the Rancho shocks and factory rake are something that could be done away with. Even if it goes to Rancho 7000mt and 9000xl rears to have a nice leveled truck out of the gate with more clearance for tires. Yota has the TRD pro, Ford-Raptor, Dodge-Ram Runner/PowerWagon/Ram Rebel, GM-nothing.

It really wouldn't be that hard to have them offer a solid offroad package with four things. Better shocks to level for larger tires, 33" All terrains, Exhaust, and F'ing HIDs instead of candle lit halogen bulbs. It would sell and sell well i might add. That is what they should be focusing on the z71 package or the All Terrain package instead of minor aesthetics. I mean we have a "nightfall edition" "elevated edition" "Custom editon" "all terrain" "Texas Edition", the list goes on and it's basically more of the same with minor aesthetic changes. Maybe with the exception of the elevated edition.

Again this is just me being a GM fan wanting them to compete, and more or less pointing out the obvious.

Hey! I know! To help out GM, and foster goodwill, let's all BASH GM on the GM TRUCKS forum!

Get over yourselves.

GM isn't perfect, and neither are the other manufacturers. If no one points out the flaws things will never change.

• 6 months later...

Archived