GM Repurchased 2nd 2015 Denali--Be Cautious of 2015s

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious what was the final rear end ratio I have driven several and just purchased one with the 3 added options which included the 3.45 rear end with no problems just thought that may have helped.

The early versions (2015d some call it) with the 6 spd transmission had 3.08 or 3.42 gears with the 5.3L, and 3.42 (only) with the 6.2L. The later versions (2015i) of the 6.2L with 8 spd transmission have 3.23 gears. From posts, both versions have been reported with the noise/pressure issues.

madcow2020 - Tobtek, a member on another thread requested the dealer pull the connection from the noise cancellation mics, the dealer pulled the connection from one mic. When the dealer pulled the connection the buffeting and pressure got worse. As a noise cancellation technician, should this have worked, or did the dealer pull the wrong connection, or is there a specific mic to pull, or should all the mic connections be pulled?

Not being a technician, it would make sense to pull all the connections as not to allow the remaining connections to compensate. However, buffeting and pressure will decrease but noise will increase. This concept in theory was tried on one of jasondenali15 trucks, he can verify

All microphones should be disconnected. The road noise and normal vehicle noises should increase with speed as in normal vehicles. If there is away for them to turn it off in the software that most likely would be the best technique to test.

Sent from the future via a wifi time portal.

It's probable but unlikely GM issues software to modify or eliminate noise cancellation, one customer stated the noise was extremely loud when noise cancellation mics were modified. With OEM exhaust, getting on the pedal just after a stop is the only time I hear my engine or outside noises under normal conditions. Cruising at 30 results in no louder sound than cruising at 90.

Other than pulling pins from the fuse or amp, how to disconnect the mics? Or, can the output be adjusted?

madcow2020 - Tobtek, a member on another thread requested the dealer pull the connection from the noise cancellation mics, the dealer pulled the connection from one mic. When the dealer pulled the connection the buffeting and pressure got worse. As a noise cancellation technician, should this have worked, or did the dealer pull the wrong connection, or is there a specific mic to pull, or should all the mic connections be pulled?

Not being a technician, it would make sense to pull all the connections as not to allow the remaining connections to compensate. However, buffeting and pressure will decrease but noise will increase. This concept in theory was tried on one of jasondenali15 trucks, he can verify

I remember reading this about the Mic's, but that wasn't me.

Jason, I feel for ya buddy ! I'm in the the exact same boat. We being on our 2nd new 2015 GM SUV since Sept. Gm repurchased our Yukon, and me being an idiot for my wife LOVES these new SUV's went and bought her a new 2015I Escalade for Christmas....Unfortunately its a 100% disapointment ! We have owned it since Dec, 18th and its already spent 6 weeks in the dealers service dept. And its No-where close to being right. They just put some re-designed shocks on it, and yes it does ride better then before. But the list of things still wrong with it is crazy. I have driven several 2015 Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades. Personally haven't been in one that DOES NOT have the booming sound problem. Thats in about 20 different vehicles. Like Jason, I'm disgusted over the time I've wasted dealing with this, AND the friction it's cause between my wife and myself. Given the opportunity , I'd find a nice 2011-2014 Escalade and let GM get this all figured out over the next few years. Then at that point MAYBE spent the insane price we all paid for these things.

HERE's a list of our current problems with the 2015i Escalade.

* still has the Booming , buffeting, sound

* Nav system says we are in Michigan ( actually in San Diego)

* On star non operational

* every time applying power coming off V4 mode, there's a "chip" sound somewhere.

* at slow speed feels like its in too tall of a gear, truck lumpers along.

* Cue music playback locks up. If streaming from my phone. Have to remove device from Cue, then reinstall the device.

I remember reading this about the Mic's, but that wasn't me.

Jason, I feel for ya buddy ! I'm in the the exact same boat. We being on our 2nd new 2015 GM SUV since Sept. Gm repurchased our Yukon, and me being an idiot for my wife LOVES these new SUV's went and bought her a new 2015I Escalade for Christmas....Unfortunately its a 100% disapointment ! We have owned it since Dec, 18th and its already spent 6 weeks in the dealers service dept. And its No-where close to being right. They just put some re-designed shocks on it, and yes it does ride better then before. But the list of things still wrong with it is crazy. I have driven several 2015 Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades. Personally haven't been in one that DOES NOT have the booming sound problem. Thats in about 20 different vehicles. Like Jason, I'm disgusted over the time I've wasted dealing with this, AND the friction it's cause between my wife and myself. Given the opportunity , I'd find a nice 2011-2014 Escalade and let GM get this all figured out over the next few years. Then at that point MAYBE spent the insane price we all paid for these things.

* every time applying power coming off V4 mode, there's a "chip" sound somewhere.

* Cue music playback locks up. If streaming from my phone. Have to remove device from Cue, then reinstall the device.

Sorry for your troubles too. Just get your money back. My "new" 2014 Denali is nice and just plain works without all of the nonsense. It doesn't look as great, technology is not as great, but at the end of the day, it gets the job done without any of the issues so many of us have had to deal with. Trust me, get your money back, find a low miles 2014 and your stress level will fall dramatically. The 2015s are just not worth the aggravation. Good luck!

Wow. I too have owned nothing but GM vehicles but you've got far more patience than I do. At this point, you'd see me driving around in a Toyota Sequoia.

Jason....I feel your Pain.

I purchased a GM crate engine, Trans, and Rear End for an older GM C10...the day I drove it home the Rad boiled over the trany leaked like a sieve and the rear has backlash...big time binding sounds etc.....the trany failed...took me 9 months to get GM to look at trany. Drove home 3 hrs away. Months went by...trany failed a second time. I said F#ck GM...had it privately repaired...works flawless now.

Bought replacement tranys while the original brand new crate one was repaired.

Now with 15k on crate motor...got spun bearings and piston slap....

I say too...30 years of brand loyalty...and what do I get?

A swift kick in the ball sac. ..thanks for doing business with us...please come again...

Ummmm

No thanks I am done with GM.

Jason, what was the name of the dealership you dealt with?

• 5 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question, but how can the dealership not fix the issues with your navigation, OnStar and CUE problems? I would assume that the dealership would either reset everything or if necessary, replace the defective CUE system?

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear about the difficulty you guys are having. It's sounds both awful & extremely frustrating.

On Thursday I placed a deposit on a 2015 Tahoe LT, and I am supposed to pick it up this week. Afterwards, I was poking around and I found this thread. It is concerning to say the least.

It's seems this is having to some, and not ALL vehicles? Is this correct? Are most effected or just a small sample?

But most importantly....

What exactly should I do to test my vehicle on a test-drive PRIOR to signing the contract? What is the best way to test this and what should I look for prior to agreeing to the purchase? I have small kids, and certainly wouldn't want to put them in a vehicle that would make them uncomfortable.

Thank in advance.

I hear ya....believe me, I am done with GM. There will never be another new GM vehicle in my stable. My wife will look great in a new Lincoln SUV, and I think my new ride will be a Q80 Limited or Range Rover. Either way, GM will never see my money again.

I hear ya....believe me, I am done with GM. There will never be another new GM vehicle in my stable. My wife will look great in a new Lincoln SUV, and I think my new ride will be a Q80 Limited or Range Rover. Either way, GM will never see my money again.

I'm not saying this to stir anything, but do you realize how ridiculous is seems/sounds that you supposedly had TWO '15 Yukon Denalis that were buy backs and then still went ahead and bought a severely outdated 2014 (which may as well be 2007) Yukon Denali? I assume you paid in the mid $40's for it since it is now not really "new" and they just want to move it? If you lost that much faith in GM products why in the HELL would you go buy another? And then after you just bought another new one, you say NOW you're done w/ them?

You literally sound like a drug addict rationalizing....either this is made up, or you have some serious OCD issues.

Why wouldn't you simply go buy a Lincoln Navigator rather than the 2014 Denali? Or a Toyota Landcruiser?

Then again....you do drive a harley, so self loathing, buyer's remorse, an extreme tolerance for imperfection and poor quality/reliability must all be in your DNA as well. Are you certain your family ties aren't to MOPAR? :driving:

There's no such thing as a perfect vehicle...if there was there wouldn't be any need for new versions and dozens of models and redesigns and engineering efforts, we'd all be driving the same cube indefinitely.

I'm not saying the trucks don't have this issue...I'm just saying it sounds flat out nuts that you would literally go out of your way to buy another GM truck and then take the time to post on here saying you're NOW all through w/ GM...

Archived