Are you having problems with your 2015+ GM Full Size SUV?

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, we've had a poll for a while on the 2014+ Full Size Pickups, so I figure it would be fitting to make one for the Sport Utilities also.

If you voted yes, please expand upon what problems you're having and what model/trim you have.

2015d Yukon XL Denali

22" wheels option

Sunroof, DVD, fixed running boards, 2nd row buckets, 6.2l, 6spd transmission, 10 speaker Bose sound system, HUD, Active Noise cancellation.

Problems:

- excessive road noise/harshness at all speeds, even 15 kph

- buffeting/fluttering sound at various speeds above 60 kph, accompanied by pressure sensation in ears

- vibration felt in seat and steering wheel, worse in 4wd auto

Plus a bunch of small things.

Edited by Wrench589
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Car had a hard idle/ shivering when idle. Had it serviced 3 time sand every time they told me it was an issue with the engine mounts. Finally had that fixed but I've discovered that the hard idle/shivering comes back when I have the AC cranked up.

Have yet to take it into service for that.

Every now and then the DVD player will geek out.

• 2 months later...

Had both wood trim pieces replaced on Center Console, passenger's side stuck out and on drivers side, it was broke at the front. Also replaced Home Link transmitter, would not retain memory and that on lasted two days. We are only at 590 miles and told them would be back in about 3 weeks to do Home Link again.

2015 Suburban LTZ 4WD w/ every available option including 22" factory wheels

Major problems

1. Steering column is being replaced under warranty after 8000 miles due to a persistent knocking noise in the steering wheel

2. Excessive brake dust build up on the front passenger wheel only. No idea why, as the brake pads are wearing evenly. Trying to get the dealer to replace the pads under warranty, because I think the composition of the one pad is sub-par.

3. Entire rear window was replaced under warranty after one of the defroster electronic clips broke off from the window.

Cabin Buffering

Hard / Low Idle that's getting worse. Aligned motor mounts once, took it back since it wasn't corrected and was then told it was normal operating. So I had to ask why there was a service bulletin for something that was operating as designed. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've had my 2015 GMC Sierra for about 4 months now. I've had issues with hesitation upon acceleration and the transmission has a hard time finding the right gear to be in. This is real apparent when decelerating and emmediatley needing to accelerate. The RPM's will run up to around 4000 then the transmission will find the proper gear. This is very dangerous especially in stop and go traffic. The dealer originally stated that the truck had to learn my driving patterns and everything would be okay. Then on the 2nd trip to the shop is was told that all new GMC trucks drive this way and I basically have to live with it. I don't agree. I'm taking it back to the shop next week for one more look. I'll leave it all day and have requested that the truck be deivien in all traffic situations. I love everything else about the truck but if this issue can't be resolved I will need to look at getting out of this vehicle.

I've had my 2015 GMC Sierra for about 4 months now. I've had issues with hesitation upon acceleration and the transmission has a hard time finding the right gear to be in. This is real apparent when decelerating and emmediatley needing to accelerate. The RPM's will run up to around 4000 then the transmission will find the proper gear. This is very dangerous especially in stop and go traffic. The dealer originally stated that the truck had to learn my driving patterns and everything would be okay. Then on the 2nd trip to the shop is was told that all new GMC trucks drive this way and I basically have to live with it. I don't agree. I'm taking it back to the shop next week for one more look. I'll leave it all day and have requested that the truck be deivien in all traffic situations. I love everything else about the truck but if this issue can't be resolved I will need to look at getting out of this vehicle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have a 2015 Suburban LTZ w/22" wheels. Mirrors take approx. 7 min. to defrost (Live in Fl. have alot of water.) Transmission doesn't shift when it is coming out of a turn under accelleration or when you accellerate.Chevy says "nothing they can do for it."This is a saftey issue. Vibration from all 4 wheels and vehicle now wounders on the road. Chev. replaced all 4 shocks, both rerar tires and reset the ride on it. Have a water issue on the Sun Roof. Noise coming from it as it rains like someone blowing bubbles. Have had the thrid row seat cusion and cover replaced due to the seat not locking when reclined flat. Still will not lock down. Have had the passerger window frame replaced. Only have 13,000 miles on it. With the money we spent on this vehicle, it's a pice of CRAP. Should have kept our 2001 Taho w/268,000 miles. Hoping Chevrolet will fix it or replace it. I'm not holding my breath on it.

Just to change things up a bit, 8 months and 6500 miles on my 2015 Tahoe LTZ, including three very long trips, and no issues. Not one problem (knock on wood). I love it!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...