6.2L Max Tow, Anybody have one?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a vin # and it's due by the end of next week. OMG I CAN NOT SLEEP! :help:

They emailed me my vin today, goes in production next week. Have no clue to where it's being built...

I got word my truck is built and currently "bayed" is what my sales guy said. Basically it's sitting in a staging area and waiting to be shipped on train.

I am going to ask him where it was built tomorrow if he happens to know.

They emailed me my vin today, goes in production next week. Have no clue to where it's being built...

I always understood that the vin was created when it was built /as it was assembled (not in advance)

Is this not correct?

If you have the vin and it starts with 1 it is US, 3 means Mexico.

I altered the email, but here's what she sent me.:

Date: April 7, 2015 at 4:24:33 PM CDT

Subject: Thank you for contacting GM

Reply-To: [email protected]

Email ID# EMxxx (Do not delete/alter this line)

==================================================

Dear ConnRadd

Thank you for calling GMC Customer Assistance with regard to your 2015 GMC Sierra 1500. For your reference, your case number from our conversation today is 71-14xxxxxxx and VIN 9BGKS48G0FG345702

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Sagisag

GMC Customer Assistance Center

================================================

9BGK... is not the start of a valid vin combo for a sierra pickup

It needs to be one of: 1GT, 1GD, 3GT, 3GD. (and it needs to be T for a pickup, D is reserved for 'incomplete')

position1 - 1=US, 3=mex

position2 - G= general motors

position3 - vehicle brand and type T=GMC pickup

position4 - is for brake system/body style, there are 11 possibilities for a sierra

K in position 3 is for a MPV, like a terrain

It needs to be one of: 1GT, 1GD, 3GT, 3GD. (and it needs to be T for a pickup, D is reserved for 'incomplete')

position1 - 1=US, 3=mex

position4 - is for brake system/body style, there are 11 possibilities for a sierra

The OP ordered a Chevrolet, so the third position will be a 'C'. Crew cabs are made in MX, double and single cabs in the USA, so he should have a VIN starting with 1GC or 3GC.

position1 - 1=US, 3=mex

I'm wondering the "vin" she gave me is something more for their internal use?? My thoughts, like someone said earlier, how do they create a VIN before the truck is even built?

The OP ordered a Chevrolet, so the third position will be a 'C'. Crew cabs are made in MX, double and single cabs in the USA, so he should have a VIN starting with 1GC or 3GC.

The email with the vin was not posted by the OP.

I'm wondering the "vin" she gave me is something more for their internal use?? My thoughts, like someone said earlier, how do they create a VIN before the truck is even built?

Pretend you don't have any info and ask you dealer for an update on status.

My VIN starts with 3GC.

My truck is in Kenora, Ontario as of Monday April 09. That is only 120 miles away.

Dealer has to install Air Hawk mud flaps and Chevy roll top cover.

Maybe get it by Friday.

Pretend you don't have any info and ask you dealer for an update on status.

I sent the dealer the email, says it not a vin. They are going to call to see. I told my sales rep might be better to wait until next week once they start the build. I'm thinking it's an internal number that tells them what to build.

Hey Nick,
I have some very exciting news for you! Your truck was born 4/1/2015 with a VIN of 3GTU2VEJ4FG33xxxx. It's currently making it's way home, which I'm sure you can't wait for. If you have any further questions, we are happy to help.
Anisha T.
GM Customer Care

Now i got to hurry and get my old truck ready to sell. Any idea how long it will take to make it's way to AZ?

Archived