Why aren't fog lamps standard on LT Tahoes?

I currently have a 15 Tahoe as a rental vehicle, it's fairly well equipped, leather, heated seats, driver alert, power liftgate, Nav, but it doesn't have fog lamps. What's up with that? With all those options, it had to be $55K + sticker and no fog lights. Am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?

I currently have a 15 Tahoe as a rental vehicle, it's fairly well equipped, leather, heated seats, driver alert, power liftgate, Nav, but it doesn't have fog lamps. What's up with that? With all those options, it had to be $55K + sticker and no fog lights. Am I the only one who finds that ridiculous?

Probably.... Lol

Those fog lights are std on LTZ models silly !!!!.... Or not IDK lol

galliher_nc - I like govtech4's answer, but the rental you are driving is not outfitted that well based on your post. However, the Tahoe in the link you posted has just about all the bells and whistles. The Luxury Package in the link, under additional options, comes with fog lights. When you get past Tahoe in the GM Fullsize SUV family, optional equipment then becomes standard.

So, is that ridiculous for a Tahoe, no. It's just how the SUV line rack and stack.

galliher_nc - I like govtech4's answer, but the rental you are driving is not outfitted that well based on your post. However, the Tahoe in the link you posted has just about all the bells and whistles. The Luxury Package in the link, under additional options, comes with fog lights. When you get past Tahoe in the GM Fullsize SUV family, optional equipment then becomes standard.

So, is that ridiculous for a Tahoe, no. It's just how the SUV line rack and stack.

lolwut?

The Tahoe I was driving has everything that one in the link has minus sunroof, and 22's. It doesn't have fogs either, look at the front bumper.

It doesn't really matter since I have no plans on buying one anytime soon, but I figured for $60K you'd get fog lamps. The Silverado Double Cab loaner I had last time I left a vehicle had fog lamps and it was considerably less expensive.

Yeah, just going off your OP. The Luxury Package comes with fogs, picture may be off. As much as Chevy owners may not want to believe, Chevy has the low end GM Fullsize SUV line. You get what you pay for or you pay for what you get. I would agree with ridiculous if you were talking about the Escalade.

The options on the Luxury Package should be standard on a $60K Tahoe/Burb.

The fact that a Tahoe and Yukon exist makes it confusing and they are about the same price once you load up the options on a Tahoe LT vs Yukon SLT. I really wish GM just had one line of trucks, either Chevy or GMC.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that kind of puzzles me is when people say, "I can't believe that such and such a feature isn't on a $XX,000 vehicle."

Take the fog lights. Ok, if you want fog lights, get a vehicle with fog lights. They can be added aftermarket or obtained on a $15k Honda. You don't but a Tahoe for the fog lights, you buy it because it's huge, powerful, capable, and comfortable. You just wish that all the options could be had on your truck for what you paid for it, but more options equals more money. If you want a Tahoe AND fog lights, just get a Tahoe with fog lights.

Also, the factory fog lights are nothing more than running lights. If you want real lights, you'll need to put them on after you buy them.

Archived