What do you guys and gals think of the dealership surveys?

My Chevy dealer is so concerned about making the positive grade that they actually put on the service invoice the cell and home number of the dealer owner saying to call him if I can't provide positive grades for them in the surveys.. And this guy owns several dealerships. So far they haven't given me a reason to answer anything but good service.

And you KNOW that the first time that owner's phone rings, someone else is getting a call when he hangs up!

I do things where my service or quality of work will be judged. I take a lot of pride in what I do and always tell my customers - If you're happy with everything I've done, tell your friends. If you're NOT happy with everything I've done, tell me! That's how I was raised, and I expect others to treat me that same way. And that's how I view those surveys and filing them out. I will first contact the dealer to right something. If I don't get any satisfaction, THEN it goes on the survey.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mind that they send it but I have always thought that they should send one out a year after the purchase to see how dealer and the car/truck are doing!

Don't mind that they send it but I have always thought that they should send one out a year after the purchase to see how dealer and the car/truck are doing!

I understand the basic thinking here, but it doesn't actually fit what they're after.

The initial surveys about the SALES experience. Once you own the truck, that experience is complete. While it's great if a dealer follows up with you, GM doesn't care. As far as future surveys go to see how the dealership is doing afterward, that's what the Service Appointment surveys are for.

Being in customer service for years, I've always tried to treat people the way I'd want to be treated or the way I'd like my family treated. I know the dealers I've dealt with always stressed the importance of scoring completely satisfied. I think long term follow-up is a good way to set yourself apart.

Being in customer service for years, I've always tried to treat people the way I'd want to be treated or the way I'd like my family treated. I know the dealers I've dealt with always stressed the importance of scoring completely satisfied. I think long term follow-up is a good way to set yourself apart.

After I purchased my 2011 I NEVER heard from the dealer again, I'm shopping now for another just visiting dealers at random, you'd think after spending $ 50 G's back then they'd ocassionally contact some way ... so much for valuing me as a customer ...

Actually, I'd rather have the silence after the sale since anymore communication afterward is commercial in nature. I buy a vehicle from a dealer, not to socialize.

The salesman who we dealt with for the wife's Sorento actually called and coordinated a service appointment early on. He also remembered selling her brother a vehicle years back, which was impressive to me. It's taking an interest in your customers being satisfied and helping meet their needs that helps one stand out from the others. I'll agree, I don't like being pestered with a sales pitch all the time, but I might be more likely to give a guy my business again if he puts forth the effort to be sure I'm happy with the vehicle and dealership.

I get so many e-mails and regular post from dealers I've dealt with in the past that I refuse to consider doing business with them, especially the ones who don't take me off their e-mail list after I have selected to not receive mail from them anymore. :M16:

Archived