2002 Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 Lift

Blackhawk32

Question

Right now I have a 2" torsion key and block lift and it rides extremely rough. I was wondering if I could get 3" lift knuckles/spindles and then drop the torsion keys till it is 2" because I can't find 2" knuckles/spindles anywhere. Would this ride smoother or even work out like I think. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Maybe is it just my math,but, if you have a 2 inch lift kit in now does with torsion bar keys, and then you want to add in a 3 inch lift kit with kuckles and spindles, that would be a total of 5 inches. The most you can reduce the total lift by is either 3 inches by removing the knuckles and spindles, leaving the truck 2 inches lifted via the original torsion bar kit.

To put it simply, No you cannot.

Having built plenty of lifted trucks and engineer components, I feel pretty sad seeing the GM front ends. Most of the reason your ride sucks with turned up torsions is because the suspension is now in a reduced droop situation and that negative travel is needed for proper function!!! Did you get any of that from the seller of that crap?

Here is what people do... Turn up torsions, then try shorter snubber stops, then realize the shocks are bottoming and rips them out, then realize the ball joints are maxing out and rip those up, then realize this "cheap" lift just cost them a fortune....

Even lifted spindles sacrifice geometrically optimcal design to achieve lift.

IMO, lift it right or do a body lift. Even the typical lifts are not optimal but at least move the control arm pivots AND move the tirods for improved functionality.

I am just itching to take our design work into mfg but I was scolded that "cheap" is what people want, not "better".

Sorry if that seemed like a rant.

Archived