Rawyzf's 2015 Silverado Z71 Build

Rawyzf

Took off the Z71 stickers today. Fully debadged now, besides the front grill.

78339e8b541a68e2cef294deea1aa99f.jpg

080757bef4c837b9e5b49d70ba6bb580.jpg

Edited by Rawyzf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple updates:

Dynomax VT Catback Exhaust installed.

Product Info: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-38531

Review here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/173118-dynomax-vt-catback-exhaust-part-number-38531/?hl=dynomax

AIRAID MIT (Modular Intake Tube) Installed:

Product info here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O65H6S4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00.

No full review as of yet, just installed it today on lunch break and only drove like 10 miles. Definately feels like the truck is breathing a little better also. Still using the stock airbox, but changed to this filter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361184920105?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I do enjoy that I can actually see the engine now as well.

Range AFM Disabler:

Product Info: http://www.rangetechnology.com/pages/v8

Review: I really didn't enjoy the truck flipping between v8 and 4cly mode at lower speeds. I was able to live with it though. However, when I went to the Dynomax VT catback, the humm/buzz in 4cyl mode at low speeds was annoying, so I bit the bullet and got this unit. The version I got was V1.7 I believe (which is the latest published version) and worked great. However, after the truck would be off for a few hours, and I'd start it up, the device wouldn't power up on it's own and I had to unplug and replug it in to get it to start up. I guess its a known issue and only happens to some folks (lucky me). Anywho, I am working with Range currently and have a Beta device currently installed that does not have the wake up issue and is working great. My gas mileage hasn't really changed much as a result of no 4cyl mode, so this is a win win for me.

8d73edbe444b49bef8058c5ae47fbab0.jpg

1ee70e99c06e18671857713aa1e4f17d.jpg

Edited by Rawyzf

Hey could tell what running boards you have

They are the GM Assist steps:

6 inch Rectangular, Black, For Use on Crew Cab Models with Gas Engine (LV3, L83, L86, and L96) 22805443

$650.00

Link: http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/accessories.html#

Before you drop that kind of money (like I did stupidly), check your local craigslist for take offs. I see sets FS all the time for $250-$400.

They are the GM Assist steps:

6 inch Rectangular, Black, For Use on Crew Cab Models with Gas Engine (LV3, L83, L86, and L96) 22805443

$650.00

Link: http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado-1500-pickup-truck/accessories.html#

Before you drop that kind of money (like I did stupidly), check your local craigslist for take offs. I see sets FS all the time for $250-$400.

Thanks ... ouch sorry to see that happen to ya. I will give her look for sure appreciate it

Looks great! I presume you didn't see a noteworthy drop in mileage with that AFM Disabler? Pretty open ended question as it completely depends on terrain, speed and longevity of you having it - but curious if you noticed any immediate drop.

• Like 1

Looks great! I presume you didn't see a noteworthy drop in mileage with that AFM Disabler? Pretty open ended question as it completely depends on terrain, speed and longevity of you having it - but curious if you noticed any immediate drop.

Correct, no immediate drop. If you cick the fuelly banner in my sig, you'll see my last 3 tanks with the AFM disabled, and you'll see they are right on par with the previous tanks where the AFM was still active. Driving conditions have been pretty much the same, no road trips or anything like that.

Correct, no immediate drop. If you cick the fuelly banner in my sig, you'll see my last 3 tanks with the AFM disabled, and you'll see they are right on par with the previous tanks where the AFM was still active. Driving conditions have been pretty much the same, no road trips or anything like that.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I guess I'm just hesitant to see the long-term negative effects of these swaps from V8 to V4 over time. Maybe I'm just ignorant to how the variable cylinder systems work, which I'll educate myself as a new owner; but I question the fuel savings vs mechanical strain long-term. Guess we'll see!

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks for the info. I guess I'm just hesitant to see the long-term negative effects of these swaps from V8 to V4 over time. Maybe I'm just ignorant to how the variable cylinder systems work, which I'll educate myself as a new owner; but I question the fuel savings vs mechanical strain long-term. Guess we'll see!

No problem at all.

Honestly, I think the only time you're going to get fuel savings is on a road trip that is all highway and flat lands, where you can stay in v4 mode for long periods of time. It's hard to keep the truck in 4cyl mode, unless you're going 55-65mph on flat land.

No problem at all.

Honestly, I think the only time you're going to get fuel savings is on a road trip that is all highway and flat lands, where you can stay in v4 mode for long periods of time. It's hard to keep the truck in 4cyl mode, unless you're going 55-65mph on flat land.

Agreed. I find myself playing the game to see how long I can keep it in V4 without being annoying to everybody else. I was surprised to see the other day while heading up a slight grade with A/C and around 50mph it remained in V4, ultimately averaging 23MPG on a 4 mile drive at 50 up and down hills. Just something to get used to, my Durango R/T had this on the 5.7L Hemi and it was basically never in 'eco' mode (as Chrysler calls it). Time will tell.

• Like 1

Agreed. I find myself playing the game to see how long I can keep it in V4 without being annoying to everybody else. I was surprised to see the other day while heading up a slight grade with A/C and around 50mph it remained in V4, ultimately averaging 23MPG on a 4 mile drive at 50 up and down hills. Just something to get used to, my Durango R/T had this on the 5.7L Hemi and it was basically never in 'eco' mode (as Chrysler calls it). Time will tell.

LOL, I used to play the AFM game as well. I have a dashboss in the truck, and it has settings to keep a timer of AFM enabled and disabled. On my 35 mile drive to work, I'd try to see if I could get the AFM Enabled to win. Didn't happen very oftem (mostly because of bad traffic).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Couple pics after a wash. Also added Gloss Black center caps to the Black Chrome wheels.

91ecd2d712b29186c08d46f717d26da0.jpg

b246fa2259193bbc8c9bdc0c861fb785.jpg

7f054978d5d8c997cbaf2f3f5b667b43.jpg

71f14daabba93720ba223ed0570fe584.jpg

31b7bf4a747162aa6f0ad7fe75fa6e09.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

And here is why I want some sort of spacers, just have to figure it out.

3c4d3418e258502180c5ac910cf7300f.jpg

Just got home from getting the truck leveled.

2" Rough Country Level. Stock wheels and 275/55/20 tires.

Now the hunt for 275/60/20 starts, or maybe 305/55/20.

14db080a58a8a2ddf61346a8c2cf16b1.jpg

202f3227cb79ab213c881dfc53beeffc.jpg

62223b4644f8beb7c3b40424a43bf10b.jpg

e4c77a33ca00ceac348432d8756c2839.jpg

94698dd0b69d6a3add42a7c77da4183b.jpg