What do you carry for your CCW?

I’ve heard a lot of good from alien gear. I’m looking for something comfortable. The appendix is where I carry mine now. The hard kydex is a killer in the car. I think what I’m going to do is get a new holster and take my old holster and fab a mount for it, to mount it under the seat of my truck or in the center console or something. So when I’m driving I can slip it into the holster in the truck and not worry about it till I get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current favorite carry is my Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II. I love the trigger! Smooth right out of the box. Other times I may carry one of my Beretta's. Ya never know! 

But that aside, did you know that of those of us who have a permit to carry, only around 10% carry on a regular basis?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shadowsnkx said:

I second that. Best iwb holster I have ever used. Easy to swap the shell for different guns too.

100% concur! I have tried others and they are set aside. They also have great prices and like you said, their shells change easily. The only recommendation I have would be to opt for the metal clips. I have broken the plastic ones before due to the holster being out in the cold all day and put it on and a clip breaks. That happens with all brands though.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:50 PM, casey.mikl said:

Looking for a new iwb holster? What do you guys suggest? Have a kydex holster now. Digs into me in the car and it’s uncomfortable. Looking at the Iwb appendix holster by aliengear. For a Glock 27.

Alien Gear is excellent - but if comfort is your issue, do yourself a favor and check out the NateSquared holsters.  Most comfortable I’ve found.

https://n82tactical.com/product-category/holsters/holsters-glock/holsters-glock-27/

Either a G29 10mm or M&P performance center .45. My wife carries either a M&P PC 9mm or a Sig 238. Always an extra mag or 2 and Lehigh Defense rounds.  Maximum Expansion rounds for the 45 and 9mm, Xtreme Penetrator for the 380 and the 10mm. 

Ammo is just as important if not more than the firearm. 

https://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/ammo/handgun

• 2 weeks later...