What do you carry for your CCW?

I would strongly recommend against Alien Gear. My OWB was floppy and loose fitting to my body and the IWB clips would slide around or come loose from my belt. I recommend Winthrop OWB holsters, Crossbreed IWB, or a high quality leather from Mitch Rosen or similar. Get a good gun belt. Very important. They will wear out so you'll need a new one every couple years. Comptac makes a good one. Carry a flashlight. You cannot shoot what you cannot see. Fenix lighting.

It takes a couple months to get really comfortable carrying everywhere. The holster and clothes you choose will morph until you're dialed in. I feel sloppy in an untucked shirt so I often wear a light jacket to conceal my OWB, mag pouch, and flashlight.
For a gun belt, Simply Rugged Holsters makes a nice belt. I have both the 1.5 inch and 1.75 inch wide...the right belt is a key component.

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

• Like 1

I would strongly recommend against Alien Gear. My OWB was floppy and loose fitting to my body and the IWB clips would slide around or come loose from my belt. I recommend Winthrop OWB holsters, Crossbreed IWB, or a high quality leather from Mitch Rosen or similar. Get a good gun belt. Very important. They will wear out so you'll need a new one every couple years. Comptac makes a good one. Carry a flashlight. You cannot shoot what you cannot see. Fenix lighting.

It takes a couple months to get really comfortable carrying everywhere. The holster and clothes you choose will morph until you're dialed in. I feel sloppy in an untucked shirt so I often wear a light jacket to conceal my OWB, mag pouch, and flashlight.
What do you do that you wear out your belts? My belt man belts are still going strong. Only reason I bought another one was because I got too fat for the first one. Dang 8 years ago today I ordered that first belt.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on if I want to be pulling my pants up all day or not:

Ruger SR1911 in N82 on the day do don’t mind that

HK VP9 in Blackpoint on the other days. 

• 4 weeks later...

I carried my M&P45c last weekend for the first time in a year...spent all weekend pulling my pants up. My XDS45 is so much lighter and easier to carry...and I carried that M&P for a couple years!

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

• Like 1

cat.JPG.4c33c95ec2f9021b3a5e43cacd961028.JPG pistol close. Where we live, when I take the Pitts out to do their thing; I'm armed.. The above is about a 70-80# panther or cougar caught on one of the game cameras.

Coming home after dark; we've seen bigger or about a 100-120# cat.

We also have bears, coyotes, hogs and even armadillos..

BarnesNV.JPG.f210d41b698592cbabb7babc8a98b9b9.JPG

When I hear noises at night. The above is a Barnes AR with night vision. It's digital so day/night capable. It's a sub MOA rifle and the ATN isn't as accurate as the rifle; so, I put the ATN on an AK-74 with a 5 watt IR which will jump cans at as far as I need to shoot day or night. 

Typically in the truck, I have a S&W M59 and a Rem 870 pump. Due to the "neighbors" we take it a lot more seriously than most as we have no choice.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 11:33 AM, JoeCo said:

When I carry my 4" Redhawk 44 mag I find suspenders help carrying the load better in conjunction with a good belt.

1 hour ago, BPIRKOLA said:

My current choice is a SR40c, looking to pick up a P365 soon as an alternative/backup. 

I'm picking my 365 up Friday finally. Really excited! 

I'm picking my 365 up Friday finally. Really excited! 
I've been back and forth on it and an M&P 2.0c, finally got to hold one last week...bit smaller than I expected but I liked it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk