Got truck back. Cold air again. Leaking hose from compresor to condensor. Changed hose and added a bracket. Said it was a design flaw. Why not do a recall or something?

I asked the same thing about a recall and they said that even though it is a design flaw they only do recalls for safety issues.

• 1 month later...

Happy I came across this forum. Exact same issue with 2014 Silverado. So does the bracket prevent the issue from happening again? If it's a design flaw, are they just replacing with another flawed unit, or does the addition of the bracket solve the issue?

The hose from the A/C compressor to the condenser is the high pressure side hose and sees around 350 psi pressure when the A/C is running. If the hose is not restrained properly, one of the crimped metal fittings on the hose ends may eventually start leaking due to constant flexing of the hose in that location. Restraining the hose should help, but this may not be the root cause of the problem. As I mentioned before, these bolted connections utilize O-rings, which must be properly compressed for the joints not to leak. if the fittings are improperly dimensioned for whatever reason and the O=ring does nto get fully compressed , the joint will have a slow leak.

• 4 weeks later...

My truck cools but never really seems to blow very "cold" air. Even at the coldest setting, and recirculated air on. What are you guys seeing on your trucks ? Cold or just cool ?

My truck cools but never really seems to blow very "cold" air. Even at the coldest setting, and recirculated air on. What are you guys seeing on your trucks ? Cold or just cool ?

You might have a leak, however if you do it will go from blowing cold air to blowing air at the ambient temperature in about 48 hours. There is a design flaw in the way the refrigerant hose is attached to the compressor. So far, the AC in my 2015 Sierra has broken twice. Both times there was a crack in the refrigerant line. When they fixed it the second time there was a service bulletin about it and they had to replace the hose and add a bracket. It's been about 4 months since the last fix and it has been working fine. Your truck is under warranty so you need to take it to the dealer to be fixed.

My 2014 Sierra went from blowing cold to warm in a matter of hours. Turned out the AC condenser developed a leak. Dealer replaced it and recharged system.

Service writer mentioned the hose from compressor to condenser was somewhat common. Not so common for my failure.

You might have a leak, however if you do it will go from blowing cold air to blowing air at the ambient temperature in about 48 hours. There is a design flaw in the way the refrigerant hose is attached to the compressor. So far, the AC in my 2015 Sierra has broken twice. Both times there was a crack in the refrigerant line. When they fixed it the second time there was a service bulletin about it and they had to replace the hose and add a bracket. It's been about 4 months since the last fix and it has been working fine. Your truck is under warranty so you need to take it to the dealer to be fixed.

I don't really think it has a leak, but am wondering if it was fully charged at the factory, or maybe the air-blend door(s) might not be adjusted correctly. As I said, it cools, but it doesn't really ever get cold.

So when I started my truck today there was a gnarly belt squeal. I'm thinking... wtf? Then smoke starts pouring out of the hood. On the drive to the dealership, truck lost power and made some interesting noises.

My a/c compressor seized and then grenaded, chewed up a belt. Getting fixed now, only 27k miles on the truck. What a joke

• 3 weeks later...

I got my '15 Silverado and was low on Freon right out of the dealership. A buddy of mine is an AC mechanic. We put some gauges on the suction side (Big line low pressure) and it read at idle 28 PSI and its 95 degrees outside. Should be upwards of 35 PSI, which is where he charged it to and works great now.

Today I had not driven it all day. Truck was parked out in the TX sun all day. When I went to take it out around 4 PM the AC would not blow cold. The E-Fans were running on high yet the engine temp. wasn't even at normal yet. It took 15 minutes of driving before cold air finally started coming out of the vents. Must be that engine temp. safety feature that disables the compressor if the engine gets to hot. Yet the engine wasn't hot?????. What sensor is disabling the compressor and also turning up the E-fans??? Doesn't make sense.

Mine probably has a leak also since the charge was low and was sitting in the lot since February. I'm going back to the dealer as soon as this ridiculous heat breaks. They're are to busy for me right now. Brand new truck and problems right out of the lot. I love my Silverado though.

Adding Freon was a bad idea, but we did not add that much. We also recovered more than we put it after it started acting weird. Brought it to Chevy and it was still over charged. Guess it was over charged in the first place from the factory. They recovered all and pulled a vacuum and recharged to spec and now it works like it should. The Dual Zone Auto A/C is just something I have to get use to if you never had it I guess.

• 5 weeks later...