Guess I can add a new one. Yesterday something let go in the ducting, I think. Fan still goes to high, but only a little comes out of the vents making the cab not cool.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My a/c works normally most of the time but I have noticed if i go WOT for a short period of time the temp of the air out of the vents rises during that time then goes back to ice cold. Normal?

Completely normal.. The factory ECU calibration commands the AC-OFF at 100% throttle. This can be tuned out but not only does it free up power, which I'm assuming you want at WOT, but it also keeps you from spinning your compressor at 6k RPM's which can shorten it's life.

Sent from Off Driller Side

• Like 1

Completely normal.. The factory ECU calibration commands the AC-OFF at 100% throttle. This can be tuned out but not only does it free up power, which I'm assuming you want at WOT, but it also keeps you from spinning your compressor at 6k RPM's which can shorten it's life.

Figured it was normal but it never hurts to ask! Need more powa!

Not sure if the AC is lacking freon, but it seems the passenger air vents blow HOT air and the driver side

cool air.. cycle the different options to see if this will redirect or shut off the hot air coming out of pass

side, but no changes.. I think this happened a month ago and cleared itself up, but now, even with turning

the passenger side thermostat to 65, it blow hot air ???

is there a service bulletin out on this problem?

I have 19,000 on my 2014 GMC Sierra and the ac just quit yesterday. We had a three day trip to Hershey PA and it worked fine. I took it on the beach today on Long Island and we were bouncing around like crazy in the sand. I do remember hearing a thud like I ran something over. I only noticed I didn't have ac later in the day when I went to top off my gas tank. I'm guessing I ran into the same problem as most here......cracked tube leaking freon and defective bracket design. That's probably the thud I heard. I am taking it to the dealership in two days. I will update.

I have 19,000 on my 2014 GMC Sierra and the ac just quit yesterday. We had a three day trip to Hershey PA and it worked fine. I took it on the beach today on Long Island and we were bouncing around like crazy in the sand. I do remember hearing a thud like I ran something over. I only noticed I didn't have ac later in the day when I went to top off my gas tank. I'm guessing I ran into the same problem as most here......cracked tube leaking freon and defective bracket design. That's probably the thud I heard. I am taking it to the dealership in two days. I will update.

I'd have to agree with you...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/176517-a-c-line-bracket/page__view__findpost__p__1672600

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone who has had this fixed by the dealer please post pictures of the bracket & where it's located?

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3816

The fix has been out for over a year so your dealer should be familiar with it.

Edited by Fishingbear

I finally have a chance to post.

My dealer took my 2014 GMC Sierra in without an appointment, gave me a Cadilac STS loaner (blah), and fixed the a/c, recharge, and new bracket. I came prepared with a print out of the known issue and the bracket that needed to be installed. So they gave me no bull shit. While it was there they did my inspection for no charge.

The repair bulletin PIT5331//OP.CODE 4415010

Part numbers Description

23438932 Hose 9.225

23264893 Bracket 9.242

12356150X 12356150 1LB134

The jury is still out on whether it blows as cold as before. I say no, my wife says yes.