6.0 with a 93 tune? Mpg?

Diablo custom tune guys have been doing 2015 6.0L since just after the first of the year. Diablo got full 6.0L L96 support now and the custom guys are taking data files from engine use and tweaking custom tunes for them and the 6L90. That is an option if one is wanting a true right now. If I was doing something like this, I would go with the Diablo tuner in that you can restore stock tune in a couple of minutes before going into a dealer, and then restore your custom tune afterwards.

The DiabloSport "custom" tune guys don't even compare to Black Bear Performance. Wait on BBP, it will be well worth it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't, and won't, have any dog in that hunt. I'll let those who do the tune thing determine which is best. I just mentioned the Diablo thing because I know they have gotten the 6.0L L96 and 6L90 combo supported with their tuner setup now.

I had the Diablo Tuner prior to my BB tune on my 2008. Wasn't a custom tune but I had the handheld.

You can flash back to stock with the BB Auto Cal also. It's real simple. Really hope BB gets the software soon for the 2015.

Diablo custom tune guys have been doing 2015 6.0L since just after the first of the year. Diablo got full 6.0L L96 support now and the custom guys are taking data files from engine use and tweaking custom tunes for them and the 6L90. That is an option if one is wanting a true right now. If I was doing something like this, I would go with the Diablo tuner in that you can restore stock tune in a couple of minutes before going into a dealer, and then restore your custom tune afterwards.

Im thinking thats the option ill have to go with.

On my earlier trucks, I didnt mind voiding the warranty, when it was still 3/36.

I cant bring myself to voiding 100k worth, by going with a permanent tune.

If you get the autocal BB tune you can flash back to the stock tune before you go to dealer. However, BB says they still don't have software for 2015's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I suppose that could be true. I am quite happy with my stock 2015 6.0L. But then I don't even pay any attention to 1/2 ton pickups (or any other pickups) around me when I am driving when it comes to performance at the light. They want the lead, by all means take it. I drive the way I want to drive and could care less how my pickup does in the 1/4. It gets a little better mpg than most folks claim they get, it does a great job hauling around what I need, and it gets me in and out of just about everything I put it in on my rural property. I view it the way I would view a dog that is constipated.... why screw a good thing up?

Good for you then, I'm not sure why you are still commenting on a tune post when you aren't interested in one though. Many of us really welcome and enjoy what a custom tune does for a truck, you have never driven one with a tune so you have no dogs in this fight. Lastly, we are not screwing up a good thing, we are improving on an already good thing.

I can already tell you are one of those folks that has to get the last word, or everyone must agree with your thoughts, so I'll be done commenting after this. If you don't want a tune then fine, don't give others a hard time that are interested in them.

You assume too much. I never said I have never used a tune on a motor, just that I don't feel motivated to get one for my 2015 6.0L. My Detroit 60 12.7L in my semi definitely has a tune on it. I even got one for the 2.8L diesel that was in my 2006 Jeep Liberty. Both of them mostly to address issues that have little to do with cranking up the power and such. I haven't given anyone a hard time about getting a tune. I even told folks here that Diablo already has had the 2015 6.0L and 6L90 worked out and the custom guys modifying tunes on the Diablo are already doing it. You just seem to be getting your panties in a wad for some reason. I like the 6.0L that is in my ride, the trans shifts pretty close to what I want, the mpg is on par or better than what most folks are getting, and I don't feel motivated to mess with anything. Just not enough Tim Allen in me.

You have to pay to play. With these newer vehicles and some of the issues I have been reading about it may be a good decision to not take the chance of voiding warranty.

This is a 9 year old drive train, it has not been updated or revised in that time and has shown zero issues, I think a person would be safe with a tune...

Well, the info is out there, and folks will have to make a decision and live within their comfort level. I have to admit, that the warranty thing does play a little bit into my decision not to tune my 2015 6.0L, but not the deciding factor. The rewards don't seem to justify the expense foremost in my mind, as I am quite comfortable with the stock tune and see no appreciable reason to change. How others feel about whether a tune is justified, each has to decide and live within their own comfort level. Some are willing to take the risks, and that is cool. I did on my commercial diesel motors and my diesel Jeep. The rewards definitely outweighed the risks. Can't see it with my 2015 2500. But then, I am not trying to tow 12,000 lb up the side of Mt. McKinley either. I mostly haul instead of tow, and when I do tow, it is not anything that even approaches the design limits. I do throw a lot of stuff in the back that reaches gross carrying capacity, but the stock 6.0L handles that pretty well. Again, see no appreciable reason to change things. And warranty issues just solidified that decision.

What is your point? Show me a single thread that has to do with drive train, I just scrolled through there and didn't see one...

Pretty easy to flash back to stock for any issues.

Archived