Spark plug part numbers and gap size?

There is a coating on the factory iridium plus you mess up if you gap them so don't

If you gap plugs properly you won't disturb the Iridium on the center and ground electrode. Key is PROPER! And if you don't know how... do some research.

RT

Edited by 07Softail

The coating is on the ground strap so there is no way to gap it without messing it up. The Iridium tip lasts because of the metal the coating is so the rest of the plug lasts the 100,000 miles.

Edited by Crf450r420

The coating is on the ground strap so there is no way to gap it without messing it up. The Iridium tip lasts because of the metal the coating is so the rest of the plug lasts the 100,000 miles.

BS! Let me guess you probably pry between the Ground Strap and The Center electrode if so that is incorrect!!

RT

I found this on Denso plugs. Couldn't find any specific info on the ACD iridium plugs about gapping them. But the Vette forum guys all gap them.

iridium%20gap_zpsc8bygiw3.jpg

Thanks...This is the correct way! I have an Old AC gap tool that has a notch cut out on the end for bending the grounding electrode loose or tight which is the PROPER way of gaping plugs...way before all of these fancy plugs came out.

RT

I'm going off our GM parts vender, but maybe his years of experiance are wrong. He is good guy and know his shuff, not that he can't be wrong. However he is not with out experiance. Not like GM tells them everything so they all learn it a little at a time.