so looks like i have to order a truck.... 2500 or 3500?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ride is exactly the same. The difference is the overload Springs and you can only get 18" wheels with the 3500 (no 20s). I recommend the off road package so you get the Michelin MX2 tires. On the Denali, the polished wheels are awesome. My truck rides great. Order the 3500.

I was definitely going to order the all terai. Tires as a line item but am not sure about the off road package. Doesn't it stiffen up the truck?

I was definitely going to order the all terai. Tires as a line item but am not sure about the off road package. Doesn't it stiffen up the truck?

Can't speak for non off road ride, as my current and last 2 GM HDs have had off road pkg. All I can say is that it is a truck and the ride is great.

Looks like the only difference in capabilities is payoad. The towing is identical with both but the 2500 payload is 1750 and the 3500 payload is 4100. That seems to be the only difference.

My 2014 Silverado 1500 CC 4WD had a payload of 1850 lbs.

The 2500 payload base is about 3300 lbs with a longbed, standard cab, decreasing to ~ 2500lbs for a fully loaded crew cab, short bed.

as per GMC.COM the 2500 denali 4x4 has a payload of 1746lbs... not sure why the denali is less than the others but it is.

It is less because of the added options and accessories. They add up. A base crew SRW one ton has 4100 payload. My Dmax Denali comes in at 3700.

I guess I should add that the gas 3500 gets the AAM rear diff which is much bigger and more heavy duty then the standard 14 bolt. The Duramax gets the AAM axle regardless.

We covered the off road package AKA shocks in the link I posted, I would order it as the shocks have better rebound which means rail road tracks and speed bumps are more controlled as well as havinf the plastic (junk) skid plates.

well, i called my guy at the dealer to see if he can locate one for me. fingers crossed... otherwise it's an 8 week order.

BS on 8 week lead time, more like 3-4 weeks, trucks that come out of Flint MI are very quick to be built, we are not talking 1/2tons that take the slow boat from Mexico...

If it's a truck for business, i.e. one that is in commerce, make sure that the 10,0001+ GVWR of the 3500 isn't going to get you into a regulatory headache, especially if you're crossing state lines. If you're not in commerce I'd double check on your states registration fees for the 2500 and 3500's GVWR.

If the GVWR is not an issue, I'd go with the 3500 just to get rid of the silly TPMS and be able to run a reasonable tire pressure unloaded without getting chirped endlessly.

I know the new 15's have an all new body/ interior possibly changing payload a little, but my '13-2500HD has 2750lbs payload for comparison. Truck is in sig.

If for personal use, go for the 3500 if you think you will be towing heavier down the road. Heavier tw on tt or enclosed trailer, or moving to 5ver.

Archived