2015 Tahoe Base PPV upgrade to IO6 Nav, Color Cluster

• 2 weeks later...

Shocks, sways, springs, brake programming and pad material, transmission programming & 17" wheels with V-Rated tires.

In a regular 2015 Tahoe, if you tap the Stabilitrak button once, does the system go into Competitive Mode or does it just turn off the Stabilitrak & Traction Control?

On this truck, tap once to enter Competitive Mode (T/C off Stabilitrak on), then hold for 5 seconds to turn Stabilitrak & T/C off.

Tap again to turn on.

We have had the truck at a local parking lot. You can throw the truck around like a crazy mofo in Comp Mode. Have yet to see if the same options are present in the non PPV Tahoes.

I have read in the various GM material that the power steering program is different a well. but no way to verify this.

Any idea how much lower the PPV sits compared with a regular? I wouldn't mind the lower stance to improve handling as a family hauler. I'll let you know about the TC/SC button when ours arrives. It's scheduled to be built next week so it'll be a few weeks still.

• 2 weeks later...

Neat build. I know the wheels are slightly different, but any advice on how to remove the airbag in order to pull the wheel? I have a heated wheel I'm wanting to put onto my Sierra, but can't quite figure out how to remove the airbag...it's not as straightforward as in the GMT900 days.

• 1 month later...

I see the suspension differences and note the programming differences. For those who've done the PPV conversion with IO6, etc., would you rate converting the stock to PPV easier or less easy?

Archived