I need a new radiator

My radiator started leaking all of a sudden last week. After a warm up then a very quick but very cold spell. It's pissing out of the left and right bottom corners of it. My question is, how do I know if I'm ordering the right radiator? On autozone.com, a couple reviews said it wasn't the right one and they had to go get a different one at the store. I really don't want to have to drive to the store because any city close to me is 40 minutes away.

I was looking on ebay as well just out of curiousity. They all say they don't come with the transmission cooler. Do our trucks come stock with an oil cooler? I know the transmission fluid lines are hooked up to my radiator. I can have this radiator out in about 30 minutes. I want to make sure the one I order will be able to be installed right away. Any help is much appreciated.

• I've had bad luck getting correct parts from Auto Zone. Try Rock Auto instead. They have lots of details in the product descriptions to find out what part you need and they have great customer service, great prices, and fast shipping. You can choose the warehouse closest to you

Can anyone tell me if this is the correct radiator? I want OEM and the exact model radiator that is coming out it. My truck is a 2004 1500 5.3 liter.

ACDELCO Part # 21499 {#15193110} GM Original Equipment
4 speed Automatic trans.; Extended Cab Pickup; Standard Cab Pickup; Trans. code 4L60-E; EXCEPT RR AUX A/C(C69); CORE SIZE 28-1/4 X 17 1/8 X 7/8
134.0" wheelbase; Crew Cab Pickup; Engine VIN T; CORE SIZE 28-1/4 X 17 1/8 X 7/8

Sounds right. Just dont feel it is necessary to spend the extra on OEM when some of the aftermarket offer a better warranty and cost less

I cant remember the one i got, it came from a local radiator shop. Unless you drop like a grand on a Be Cool or Flex A Lite all aluminum they are all pretty much the same and will last you close to 10 years with proper maintenance.

Mine cost me about $150, had a 7 year warranty, and is a 34" core with trans and engine oil coolers

Can anyone confirm that this ac delco part # is the correct one for my truck? I can get the ac delco shipped to my house for $151.

Send a PM to MS3DALE. He works in a dealer parts dept

I can get this 34" shipped for $157. Which of these models would I need to get. The truck I have in an extended cab z71 5.3 1500.

ACDELCO Part # 21650 {Click Info Link for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} GM Original Equipment
RADIATOR CREW CAB; w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN
RADIATOR REGULAR CAB; w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN
RADIATOR w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN
RADIATOR EXTENDED CAB; w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN
RADIATOR w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M33) or HYBRID ELECTRIC PROPULSION(HP2); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN
134.0" wheelbase; 4 speed Automatic trans.; Crew Cab Pickup; Trans. code 4L60-E; Engine VIN T; CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN
4 speed Automatic trans.; Extended Cab Pickup; Standard Cab Pickup; Trans. code 4L60-E; CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

Sounds like it will work. And if you really want to get crafty get the shroud from a suburban or 6.0 2500 since those had the 34" from the factory

I can get this 34" shipped for $157. Which of these models would I need to get. The truck I have in an extended cab z71 5.3 1500.

ACDELCO Part # 21650 {Click Info Link for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} GM Original Equipment

RADIATOR CREW CAB; w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

RADIATOR REGULAR CAB; w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

RADIATOR w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

RADIATOR EXTENDED CAB; w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M30); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

RADIATOR w/4-SPD AUTO TRANS(M33) or HYBRID ELECTRIC PROPULSION(HP2); CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

134.0" wheelbase; 4 speed Automatic trans.; Crew Cab Pickup; Trans. code 4L60-E; Engine VIN T; CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

4 speed Automatic trans.; Extended Cab Pickup; Standard Cab Pickup; Trans. code 4L60-E; CORE SIZE 34IN X 18-1/2IN X 1-1/8IN

Aren't those all the same part? I think it is just listing applications and RPO codes that supported it from the factory but I could be wrong.

Aren't those all the same part? I think it is just listing applications and RPO codes that supported it from the factory but I could be wrong.

It is all supported by that part number

Archived