Adding park assist????

Hey guys just purchased a 2015 sierra,SLT, crew 2wd, today. I traded my '14 silverado as the 3.08 gears were not working for me and needed 3.42's. Truck is a nice improvement from my 14. Well, my 14 had parking assist and that was a biggie for my wife to agree to the truck as a daily driver. Well I drove 4 trucks this afternoon and in moving them at least 2 had park assist as my old truck. I got mixed up. Well this one had the same and more options and it being the only diamond ice white we picked it.

I totally missed that it was lacking the park assist option!!!! It had so many options I thought it came with one of the packages. Apparently NOT! I am breaking it in for the next 2 weeks, but when my wife takes it over this could be an issue. Can this be added?, as I got a great deal and swapping isn't really an option. Diamond Ice not easy to find here with my needed options.

Can park assist be added or are there aftermarket options? Thanks guys!

Well still hoping someone can shed light on if it can be added in the stock configuration?

I did see that parking sensors as an aftermarket can be wired in as a separate unit with a small display. Not very expensive either. Would rather ad the GM one if it can be done.

Something very similar happened to me, and i had the dealer install an aftermarket parking assist for the front and rear. It is crap compared to the factory system, but it gets the job done. The worst part is that it does not play the warning tones through the stereo system, and uses a tiny annoying little speaker installed under the steering column. I think the dealer only paid about $150 to have it installed, so it is a cheap solution. I would love to eventually replace it with a factory system if that is even possible.

Thanks guys. There are no white diamond tri coat SLT's nearby or at the dealer that took my trade. I got a great deal and optioned well, I was so surprised it didn't have the sensors! I will inquire at the dealer for factory or aftermarket it will be.

• 2 months later...

Archived