Left blinker issue.... Any ideas?

So ever since I have had my truck, 2 years now, I have had a problem with the left blinker. When the lights are "off" all the blinkers and hazards and brakes are normal speed and everything is biscuits and gravy. But whenever the sun goes down and I have to turn my lights on, all the lights work and the hazards are normal and the right blinker is normal but the left blinks fast as if a bulb were out. Now I have replaced all the bulbs before (I might do it again next paycheck) and the problem persists. So I am stumped. I've also looked around for people with similar posts and haven't had luck there nor google searches. I've looked for a wiring diagram because I have a feeling its a bad ground. This problem happens if my lights are "off" as well if I hit the brakes which tells me it has to do with the tail lights wiring since the front would do it all the time if the front was the issue, but only when I brake (when the lights are "off") or when the lights are turned on does this happen.

Also, I want to add that my headlights stay on all the time. Since I got it they have been like that, if I turn the lights on all it really does is turn the running lights and tail lights on. Not sure if that could be part of the wiring problem or not.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated!

This is a 1998 Chev K2500 4x4 ext cab with ~207500 350 vortec 4l80e

P.s. if you know where the grounds are that'd be good news to me, as I said I've been looking online but haven't had much luck.

Bump, BTW its not the signal switch either I tried that last year.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I guess all I would like help with is finding the grounds for the blinkers in the rear.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I don't really have an answer for you but I did notice a similar issue after installing new headlights and LED parking lights on my friend's 94 chevy last week. The blinkers were all working fine until I turned on the low beams, at which point the left blinker would start blinking double speed when I turned it on. I eventually tried replacing the fuse for his DRL lights (he'd taken it out for a mod) and for some reason that fixed the problem; his blinkers all go at normal speed now. So maybe check your fuses. And on our newer chevys there's a large, finned, rectangular diode located in a sleeve under the steering column. Couldn't hurt to try replacing that. If you search "Chevy 1998 DRL diode" on Google images it's the third image shown. You need to bend some tabs and stuff but you can get it out in 5 minutes.

Archived