2015 6.0 Muffler

Alright guys I need some suggestions. On my 08 1500 I had a Magnaflow muffler dumped just past the axle. I didn't have any drone that I could hear (My Mickey Thompsons covered up any drone there may have been). Any way I'm just wanting to swap mufflers again and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm thinking of just going with a Magnaflow swap and leave the single pipe going out the rear. Anyone changed their exhaust up?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kept all the same exhaust, just replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflo on my 2015 2500HD. The stock stainless exhaust is really set up well for exhaust flow from the factory. Better than the 1500's. I didn't do any kind of tip, but then, I run a lot of gravel roads and the dirt and mud would just cake up on it anyway. I just needed the nice low rumble of the V8 to appease me.

That's where I was headed. Just wasn't sure if they sounded decent without a lot of drone on the 6.0. So your happy with just the muffler swap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put a flow master 50 series hd on my 2015 2500 hd 6.0 it sounds good. I had a flow master 50 series big block on my 2011 2500hd and that sounded really nice as well. I just did the same as you by cutting out the muffler and welding the new one right in.

I notice no drone from the Magnaflo I put on mine. Each person has different tastes when it comes to what kind of sound they are looking for. I wanted a nice low rumble without sounding like a Harley with straight pipes and being obnoxious under acceleration. Got what I was looking for in the Magnaflo. Really nice that we don't have to do a lot of mod work on the exhaust. GM set it up pretty well for decent flow. Get rid of the garbage can muffler and put something on that gives a nice sound is about all that is really needed.

I notice no drone from the Magnaflo I put on mine. Each person has different tastes when it comes to what kind of sound they are looking for. I wanted a nice low rumble without sounding like a Harley with straight pipes and being obnoxious under acceleration. Got what I was looking for in the Magnaflo. Really nice that we don't have to do a lot of mod work on the exhaust. GM set it up pretty well for decent flow. Get rid of the garbage can muffler and put something on that gives a nice sound is about all that is really needed.

do you happen to have the part # for the Magnaflow used?

It's 3.5 in and outlet and sounds good I like being able to hear it and with this muffler you can definitely hear it :) it cost me 162$ from summit racing. All the 6.0 liters are 3.5 inch pipe

got my flowmaster installed today. the muffler sits at a slight upward angle from the pipe that connects from the cat to the muffler to the tailpipe. the truck sounds great in power seems to still be good. Will having the muffler at an angle cause any power loss or any issues down the road

Archived