Intellilink, Nav, Radio Controls slow to respond

Well, I am still having the same issues with my Intellilink system. My wife's 2011 Tahoe is infinitely fast to respond to inputs than this thing. Its driving me nuts, I love this truck but the in-dash Intellilink system is horrible and almost has me regretting buying a GMC.

Now I have a new problem, when my phone is connected via Bluetooth, every time I make or receive a call, when the call ends, instead of the system going back to what was on before (i.e. AM, FM, XM, iPod, etc...) it switches to Bluetooth media so I have to manually change back to what I was listening to every time.

This is just basic stuff that you would like with today's computing power a company like GM could get right.

Hi brtt485,

We regret hearing you've been having similar concerns with the Intellilink system and Bluetooth capability in your Sierra.This certainly isn't the impression we want you to have with your truck. Feel free to send us a PM if you'd like for us to review things on our end. Be sure to include your contact info, VIN, current mileage and preferred dealer. We'll be on the lookout for your message.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

• 1 month later...

I bought my 2015 3500HD High Country Last November. I have having lots of problems with my link. Half the time it won't read my ipod, or cannot find it in order to use it. Won't turn on the seat heaters, or seat coolers on remote start up with the settings. When driving it is a pain to get the system to work. I have found with the ipod you can use voice command to find it. I bought this truck after I was rear ended and my 2015 3500 HD LTZ Z71 was pretty much totaled. That truck was purchased the previous April. The my link operated the exact same way. Way not worth the money paid for it. My husband drives a 2016 Ram 3500 his system works awesome. Pains me to say it.

• 9 months later...

I have a 2015 GMC 3500HD with Intellilink. When in navigation mode, I still see the radio station buttons on the lower part of the screen; blocking some of the screen. Is this normal? I don't believe it used to be on that screen, but their doesn't seem to be any setting that removes this row of station buttons. I thought I might have turned this feature on accidentally; I have looked through the manual and it doesn't have a screen shot of the nav screen to compare to on any comment on it. Anyone know how to make them not appear on the navigation mode screen? The small radio information tab on the upper left is all I would like to see.

I have a 2015 GMC 3500HD with Intellilink. When in navigation mode, I still see the radio station buttons on the lower part of the screen; blocking some of the screen. Is this normal? I don't believe it used to be on that screen, but their doesn't seem to be any setting that removes this row of station buttons. I thought I might have turned this feature on accidentally; I have looked through the manual and it doesn't have a screen shot of the nav screen to compare to on any comment on it. Anyone know how to make them not appear on the navigation mode screen? The small radio information tab on the upper left is all I would like to see.

Hold your finger near the top of the row of buttons then swipe down toward the bottom of the screen. This should make the row of buttons disappear.

There is also a separate setting in the Nav menus that says "Show Audio Information" (or something like that). If you turn this on you will get a small box in the upper left corner of the map screen that you were talking about. This setting is not related to the info I gave for the preset buttons.

Thanks Sk, I have tried swiping down on the row with no effect other than changing the station perhaps. I'll give it another try. So your nav screen doesn't have the quick station button showing; I just knew that mine didn't show in the past. Thanks

Okay, well duh... I had placed my finger on the top of the quick station buttons and tried to swipe down with no effect. After reading SK's post, I looked at the screen again and thought to try to place my finger on the top of the navigation buttons which are above the radio station preset buttons and swipe down. Viola'! The radio station preset buttons dropped down out of site. Yea! Thanks SK

• 7 months later...

Just thought I'd revive an old thread here.

Is there anyway of knowing what software/firmware version your truck's infotainment system (i.e. Intellilink) has? Additionally, is there anyway of knowing what the current software/firmware version is?

The intellilink on my 2015 is so SLOW. This is unacceptable in this day and age. With an iPhone 6S attached via BT or cable the delay between song changes is about 7 seconds - it's like using a cassette player in 1987. It's not like the iPhone is a rare phone, it's the most popular phone on earth. If I try to skip through a few songs (i.e. hit the FF button a few times), the whole system just shuts down and it could be 10 minutes before the music starts playing again ... if it does. Ridiculous. I'm sure others have experienced this - did you find a solution? The head unit/intellilink is really my only complaint about the truck, besides the two candles I have for headlights.

Given the distinct advantages of computers and software (i.e. ease of updating), it's *extremely* frustrating that GM doesn't regularly update the vehicle software. Imagine if our cell phones and computers were never updated. Allowing customers to put the latest and greatest software/firmware on their existing vehicle (within a reasonable lifespan) would be a huge advantage of buying a GM product. I'm certainly not going to drop another $60K just to get Apple CarPlay or a more responsive head unit - so that's failed marketing logic. Honestly, at this point, I'd prefer a basic head unit as I see no advantage to having this large screen which really doesn't do anything useful (I do not have navigation) and is frustratingly SLOW.

It's not the software/firmware -- it's the hardware. The 2014/2105's have a different chipset than the newer models.

If you search on these forums there are threads where Anthony at MVI or a guy named Chris White can help you out. They can supply a 2016/2017 module for your truck. It will get you faster speeds and the ability to have CarPlay. I think the cost is around $1000 but they supply it to you plug-and-play ready.

Slow, loads forever or never iPod music, blinks off and on, plays a second of a song over and over. Have to pull over and restart. This system is garbage. GM should give us a paid turn so we can get a better system. Alpine far and exceeds.

Slow, loads forever or never iPod music, blinks off and on, plays a second of a song over and over. Have to pull over and restart. This system is garbage. GM should give us a paid turn so we can get a better system. Alpine far and exceeds.

I assume you are still under warranty so you need to have that checked. My system works perfectly (I admit it's a little slow but not unbearable).

Archived