Thieves got me

Here's what I've learned....

-The scum of the earth want to steal your 20" OEM Silverado/Sierra wheels. It was even on the news the same week mine got stolen. http://www.kens5.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/02/thieves-stealing-wheels-off-trucks-in-sa-area/24298211/

-If you don't have rim locks, get some.

-If you do have rim locks, hide the key somewhere.

-It doesn't matter how "nice" the side of town you live on is.

-Park your truck in a garage at all cost.

Came out to work one morning to this. They busted out the back left window....stole the 2 JL 8" subs I had under the back seat, and found the rim lock key in my glove box to steal the wheels. Surprisingly they didn't take the double din Kenwood deck.

20150224_083125%202_zpsslwszpu0.jpg\]

So I got the back power slider window replaced and was waiting on the insurance to sort out the wheels. About a week later they came back for the $400 Kenwood deck. About $4k in damage for it... they broke out the window again!

20150314_195724_zpsvtefrpk7.jpg

20150315_100945_zpsyd1sujlg.jpg

My truck is now parked in a garage every night, needless to say.

I opted to get other than OEM wheels, these are GM Replica wheels in black chrome with Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20 tires. I also put a RC 2.5" level, that was a PITA to install...at least for me it was.

20150330_121059_zpsgnvjjszi.jpg

20150330_121720_zpsxfmmgekj.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this is making my blood boil. I'm sorry you had to deal with that man. I can't stand thieves. Be sure to lock your tailgate. I've been doing that since I've read about tailgate thefts being on the rise.

Glad everything has been sorted out. Does your apartment complex have security cameras? I had my motorcycle stolen April 4, 2014 by professionals and was able to watch it all on camera with the property management. Problem was the camera's didn't have high enough detail to get anything useful since it happened at night. Anyways when my motorcycle was stolen there was about 5 or 6 cars in my complex that drove by and saw them stealing and not a single person reported it to the police. I was amazed how crappy not only the criminals were but my fellow residents. This is why in Glock I trust.

Reading this is making my blood boil. I'm sorry you had to deal with that man. I can't stand thieves. Be sure to lock your tailgate. I've been doing that since I've read about tailgate thefts being on the rise.

I can't stand these scumbags either. I park my truck underneath a light in my parking lot, lock my tailgate and every single lug on my new wheels requires a key.

Glad everything has been sorted out. Does your apartment complex have security cameras? I had my motorcycle stolen April 4, 2014 by professionals and was able to watch it all on camera with the property management. Problem was the camera's didn't have high enough detail to get anything useful since it happened at night. Anyways when my motorcycle was stolen there was about 5 or 6 cars in my complex that drove by and saw them stealing and not a single person reported it to the police. I was amazed how crappy not only the criminals were but my fellow residents. This is why in Glock I trust.

I can't stand these scumbags either. I park my truck underneath a light in my parking lot, lock my tailgate and every single lug on my new wheels requires a key.

twice thiefed. that really sucks.

I tried a camera for other than thieving, I had urine marks with a density to knock out sensitive lungs.

it was so repulsive, I thought I was getting attacked by a chemist terrorist (forgive me, I am a veteran)

motion detection worked too late, but kicked on, verified after 3am.

I knew then I cannot blame the neighbors dog. I assume a lynx/bobcat. Facing backwards leaving mark as tall as 31 inches.

anyway,

the cameras work... get a fast motion detection version, save resources.

if someone wants something, they are going to get it. I even find alarms useless. The security needs more facts.

Yes, makes my blood boil as well, sorry to hear about the hassle, I hope insurance covered it without you having to cough up a deductible. And as I learned, don't leave a garage door opener remote in your truck if it's parked outside either. Thieves got into my truck one night last winter, just so happened I forgot to lock it that night as I usually do 99.99% of the time. Nothing in there to take but they found the garage door remote, opened the door just enough to get in, opened up the wife's car which in the garage is unlocked, and stole her camera and all of her phone charger cables. We have a good idea who did it but how to you prove it? Fricken thieves.

Here's what I've learned....

-The scum of the earth want to steal your 20" OEM Silverado/Sierra wheels. It was even on the news the same week mine got stolen. http://www.kens5.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/02/thieves-stealing-wheels-off-trucks-in-sa-area/24298211/

-If you don't have rim locks, get some.

-If you do have rim locks, hide the key somewhere.

-It doesn't matter how "nice" the side of town you live on is.

-Park your truck in a garage at all cost.

Came out to work one morning to this. They busted out the back left window....stole the 2 JL 8" subs I had under the back seat, and found the rim lock key in my glove box to steal the wheels. Surprisingly they didn't take the double din Kenwood deck.

So I got the back power slider window replaced and was waiting on the insurance to sort out the wheels. About a week later they came back for the $400 Kenwood deck. About $4k in damage for it... they broke out the window again!

My truck is now parked in a garage every night, needless to say.

I opted to get other than OEM wheels, these are GM Replica wheels in black chrome with Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20 tires. I also put a RC 2.5" level, that was a PITA to install...at least for me it was.

Sadly, wheel locks are a waste of time. Any good thief will have them off as fast as a regular lug. And so will the bad ones. On one of my previous trucks, I misplaced the wheel lock key, and I managed to get them locks off as quickly as the regular nuts

I f'n hate scumbags. Good thing you didn't see it happen cause then you'd be in jail too... :M16: or at least that's how i'd turn out.

The new wheels look awesome though. :cheers:

#$+-'**@'s! Hope there wasn't too much damage... I had my motorcycle stolen as well... 5 hours later, 3 county's away the police recovered it BC it ran out of gas and they couldn't get the tank open to fill it...

Damn bro. That really sucks. I had my spare tire stolen a few months back. Even that made me mad. Cant imagine having all four 20's stolen. Hopefully you didn't have to pay much out of pocket.

Damn bro. That really sucks. I had my spare tire stolen a few months back. Even that made me mad. Cant imagine having all four 20's stolen. Hopefully you didn't have to pay much out of pocket.

Years ago my dad saw some legs sticking out from under his truck at his business in Chicago. He grabbed his 6'5" tall foreman then walked outside yelling he was going to kill the guy. My dad said he has never seen someone run so fast in his life. The foreman also had a tire iron in his hand.

Archived