GMC or chevy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have the same ride and quiet cabin if that's what the question is. They are pretty much the same truck with different headlights and grille. A few other minor things but they are essentially the same

Depends on which front clip you like better. A lot of people like the GMC front clip but the headlights are a common issue. I got my Chevy because the high country had its own unique interior and I love love love the brown. The all terrain Sierra has those awesome wheels I want. Both are built the same with a few select differences. Outside noise is almost non existent in my cab

The Silverado front clip looks way better than the GMC with its dumb fishmouth grille. The GMC headlights also look stupid and apparently have the crappy performance to go with their crappy look!

Also, the current GMC logo is a$$. The letters are too close together and compared to GMC logos of the past it leaves a lot to be desired. Don't even get me started with the Denali owners-- they pay even more of their hard earned money on a stupider looking grille.

That said, the Sierras are still sweet trucks even with their stupid looking front ends. I just like dogging GMC owners for their obvious inferior taste to Silverado owners! :)

Yes I'm concerned about the quietness in the Chevy cab. I like the all terrain with the package theybl offer and the painted bumpers. I like the light interior but worried with my two kids and stains. Sounds like I would be OK with a Chevy thanks guys.

They are identical except for plastic and light colors. No difference of quietness... roll off same lines with the majority of the same parts

It is what you like the best. Basically the same with different front grilles. I think the GMC is about $500 more in cost.

I have the Sierra AT, the dash lights are all red. At first I hated all the red, but it has grown on me. I had a '15 Tahoe rental two weeks ago, and the dash lights were blueish...' I wasn't a fan. I like the All Terrain interior over any of the rest. But they are both the same ride and quietness. Test drive an All Terrain and an high country and get the one you like the best.

As above, same truck at respective trim levels. Was looking at a HC, but hated the brown-only interior. Traded the hate for the HC's interior to get over the Denali's PITA to clean grille. I am happy with the choice overall though, as the name "Denali" turns more heads than the name "High Country" due to brand recognition, which should help resale value down the road. :)

Only suggestion I would have is test drive both during hours of darkness. Get out of the city area with the extra lights & to a dark road to see if you're satisfied with the gmc headlights vs the Chevrolet lights. I have 2 friends with gmc & there is no comparison to my headlights. That's the only complaint they have about their trucks.

Archived