Led replacement head lights bulbs?

There is a TSB for the very crappy headlights on our GMC Sierra HD,s They reflash the BCM, BODY CONTROL MODULE to provide more voltage to the bulbs , and they replace the bulbs with a new bulb made by a company from germany called Vosla. Now for the bad news, the bulbs are on back order. I was told to bring the truck into the dealership and they would check out the basics, lights are aimed correctly,bulbs arnt burnt out etc and if all was well then they would commence with the TSB reccomendations. I was told that this TSB work makes a significant difference, im skeptical but being that it im not paying for any of the work or parts ok show me the money GM.

It'd only void your warranty if it can be proven that the item jacked with your bcm or caused some sort of electrical surge that damaged things. In short, no.. not really a big risk of this happening.

That being said, in these trucks you have a lot of voltage monitoring going on with the BCM and, your DRLs are the same bulbs as your headlights, so you run into issues there with a lot of the LED kits.

Best kit I've heard of, and the one I've been mulling is VLEDs. They make several high powered LED kits that can output around 3k lumens?

Right now I have open beam headlights in my truck and I love how bright they are. They're amazing.. but I want the projector front end look.. and I'm concerned switching to projectors will make it feel like I'm driving with sunglasses on.

Lots of resources on here for HIDs and LEDs. The general consensus seems to be that most folks doing this are doing LED for high beam and HID for low to keep the DRL issue out of the way.

There's even a guy making custom headlight buckets for the sierras thats larger and has a hole in the center for the grommet.

I have VLEDS in my truck for Fog Lights and High Beam. I didn't do the Low Beam because I wanted to retain my DRL function. HID's will work fine with the relay kit, were the LED's would need to see the 12volts to operate correctly. Atleast this is what Customer Service from VLEDS told me. Very happy with them overall.

You have to remove the air box on the passenger side. That's probably the hardest part of it all.

There is a TSB for the very crappy headlights on our GMC Sierra HD,s They reflash the BCM, BODY CONTROL MODULE to provide more voltage to the bulbs , and they replace the bulbs with a new bulb made by a company from germany called Vosla. Now for the bad news, the bulbs are on back order. I was told to bring the truck into the dealership and they would check out the basics, lights are aimed correctly,bulbs arnt burnt out etc and if all was well then they would commence with the TSB reccomendations. I was told that this TSB work makes a significant difference, im skeptical but being that it im not paying for any of the work or parts ok show me the money GM.

Do you know the cutoff date for when the bulbs are factory installed? The bulletin references only the bcm factory flash dates.

The TSB says for vehicles built before 12/23/14 at the Flint Assembly Plant ( 11th VIN digit F ) 1/13/15 at Silao Assembly ( 11th VIN digit G ) or 1/16/15 Ft.Wayne Assembly ( 11th VIN digit Z ) I am assuming this is also affecting the half ton trucks as well. Mine was done this past week and as far as i can tell there is a difference for the better but is it so dramatic that im jumping up and down for joy well NO. I put LED Putco Nite Lux 2500 lumen bulbs in my fog lights and they are awesome, better lighting then my headlights.As soon as Putco has the direct replacement LED headlight bulbs i will be putting those in too. I was told by Alphonso at Putco that they should have them in around the beginning of May. Hes very helpful and can answer all your questions.

• 8 months later...

I put in a hid kit earlier this week with all the code cancellers and all. The dash doesn't show any codes but my onstar monthly report shows drivers side headlight and passage headlight as a maintenance item. Has anyone else had this issue?

Archived