Will 285/65R20 tires rub after I install the Bilstein front 1.85"

Hi, I just ordered the Bilstein front adjustable shocks (1.85" front lift) to level the truck and be able to put a bigger tire and was wondering if anyone knew if the BFGoodrich KO2 (LT285/65R20) All-Terrain tire would be okay or would it rub when turning? Any input would be great. Thanks!

My brother in law has a 2" level and he's running 275-65-20 Terra grapplers with no rubbing. As long as you keep the factory rims, you should be ok.

I think a 33 on stock wheels will rub on full lock backing up. Goodrich says they are 34.5 ya their going to rub all the time and man 454 msrp a tire is a huge price, you will need at least a 6 inch lift to fit them imo.

There is numerous guys on here running those tires with 2"-2.5" level kits with no issues. A 6" lift isn't needed, the real issue will be if he goes with aftermarket rims with a negative offset over stock. As stated in my previous post, my BOL's truck has a 2" level with these tires and have he has no rubbing issues.

it depends really. Do you want the tires up in the fender wells. or do you want more space between. I am most likely going with the same tires, and after research. it looks likes a 3.5-4" lift is IDEAL for this tire size. it looks the best IMO. I think a 275/65 or 275/60 is better suited for a 2-2.5" lift.

just my opinion.

Thanks for all the input. I curtently have the KO2 (275/55R20) on my stock rims without the lift and have no issues. I just find the tires a bit to small! LOL! My buddy put the same Bilstein front lift on his Tundra and put the bfg KO on with no issues and said that they would fit on mine but might need to trim the inner fender. Im not a fan of doing that... so i have the Bilstein on the way and was really hoping that on my STOCK rims just fit the bigest

tire. either 285/60r20 or 285/65r20. they are expensive but look good and have the snow flake on which is needed in some areas i live in. thanks again for all your input, I will take all into consideration.

i should probably mention that this truck is not going off roading anytime soon... lol.. just for looks at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... it worked! i will post some pictures soon. the only time it rubs is if i have the wheels to the left full lock and reversing. Rubs just a bit. i will pull back the fender liner and it will be good! just thought I'd share in case someone was wondering!

sorry guys.. will take a bit of time to get pics on here... i tried and it said file to big so i will have to re-take some and try again i guess.

Archived