regeneration mode on a diesel?

Same thing you would do with any other truck, shut it off. Although if it has been pulling hard and in regen I will let it idle down for a few minutes before I shut it down. I have had mine start and stop the regen process up to 5 times before it got low enough that it did not need to try and clean the filter again. I have a Edge CTS and watch mine and keep records on them. It has never started later than 43 grams of soot and the high low (if that makes sense) was 10 grams of soot, it normally goes down to 0 and by the time the exhaust has cooled it is up to 5-8 grams of soot. Hope this helps. :jester:

so then it's not too much of a big deal, and i'm overthinking it again

Life became a lot simpler once I decided to ignore whether the truck (recently traded) was in regen. Most of the trucks miles were short 5 -15 mile trips. Lots of times regen would be over multiple trips and/or multiple days.

Life became a lot simpler once I decided to ignore whether the truck (recently traded) was in regen. Most of the trucks miles were short 5 -15 mile trips. Lots of times regen would be over multiple trips and/or multiple days.

Exactly... I had a hard time even noticing when mine was in regen, and it's no worth even thinking about.

I don't regen anymore because I deleted all the emissions crap anyway!

Exactly... I had a hard time even noticing when mine was in regen, and it's no worth even thinking about.

Do you not have diesel smog where you live?

You'll need to regen once you get a bit older :D Just kidding

Archived