5RWill's 2014 Iridium Metallic Sierra Build

5RWill

Nice! The more i look at them the more i love those wheels... guess i better start saving!

Watch out for sales. Granted TN tax screwed me, there are a bit of good deals every now and then on methods. Specifically remember a set for 650$ a year or two ago from summit or 4WheelParts. Something like that.

• Like 1

I might do that, i don't see much functionality out of the mud guard being there anyway. Is it just a screw?

Yeah, just a couple screws. It does expose a little sheet metal so I just painted over it black. Those tires are bad ass, when my tires burn off im gonna get 285 65 18's

• 3 weeks later...

Muffler and Tip on the way! Sold the stock tires and rims and will probably put that money towards TSP headers in the next couple of weeks.

For the sake of keeping the thread up to date, i took the RTs out in the mud this weekend. They did really well honestly. On some of the clay/buckshot stuff i had to keep em spinning which just by looking at the tread design that much is obvious. In the CPR with a more defined bottom i went all the back on our place to a duck hole in 2wd.

2z90cip.jpg

2z83j4k.jpg

Edited by 5RWill
  • Like 2

Muffler and Tip on the way! Sold the stock tires and rims and will probably put that money towards TSP headers in the next couple of weeks.

For the sake of keeping the thread up to date, i took the RTs out in the mud this weekend. They did really well honestly. On some of the clay/buckshot stuff i had to keep em spinning which just by looking at the tread design that much is obvious. In the CPR with a more defined bottom i went all the back on our place to a duck hole in 2wd.

2z90cip.jpg

2z83j4k.jpg

Nice! Seems like those tires do pretty good in a lot of terrain.

How has the set up been so far?

Riding well?

Honestly i love the way it rides. I road in a friends truck that isn't leveled, with stock Z71 suspension, and 33" Discoverer AT3s and maybe because i was in the back seat, but it was pretty rough. I don't think i'd trade my setup for a traditional leveling kit. Maybe upgrade to 6112s or kings or something way down the road but i'm pretty pleased.

The tires will get their true test come winter when i have to get back on the place to hunt. Though i think they've somewhat proven themselves as it stands now. I would've gone all the way back on the farm but i forgot dad and i just cleaned up most of the ruts from the winter on the turn roads and i wasn't about to mess those up.

Good to know! I'll eventually be upgrading my suspension as well, probably will depend on what my budget is when the time comes.

Glad the tires are performing well. I have been looking into them for my next set, so unless BFG starts making tires in that size, i'm sure that's what it will be.
I have KO2's now and love them, love my last set of BFG's as well, so who knows. I guess we will see in a year or so when i wear these out and have to get new ones.

The back seat is actually pretty rough apparently. So that could have made a difference as well.
I rode in the back seat of my truck the other day while my dad was driving and it was quite a bit different than the front seat. But still, i'm sure there is a big difference in suspension quality between yours and a stock z71.

Doing the muffler swap monday morning. Only 50$ or so to cut the old one off and weld the new one on, not bad at all. Probably put the tip on myself since it's just a clamp on. Can't wait though.

• 2 weeks later...

If only i had the SCA bumper and my D2s in would look much better. If the state would ever get my tax return finished i'd could fast track headers. I have a friend of mine locally that everyone says is a good tuner and will do a custom tune for 350$ so i might just do that. Then the next tune is free after i get the upgrades.

5BEE9ACB-0401-4A9F-9AAC-C7D81237C0AC_zps

C5E2D92B-B05D-4240-9AC1-C583A878D29A_zps

I need to start saving just to save lol. I'm about to be studying for the DAT again in a month though and will likely trying and swing headers or a tune before i take it.

No idea when i'll get em put on. Friend of a friend says he'll do it for a couple hundred. Which isn't bad, but then i've got to take it to the muffler shop, let them weld it and cut the resonator off. Probably a couple of weeks.

289wsyd.jpg

19mmo0.jpg

Edited by 5RWill
  • Like 2

After a good bit of thought i think this time next year i'm going to shoot for Bajakits chase kit or something similar. I had this idea of a full length long travel stuck in my head after school but after doing some extensive reading. For a daily driver and 4WD at that, it's just too much to undertake with what little knowledge i have at the moment. Plus the labor to install something like that would drive the cost above 10K. For 3K or so i can get King Coilovers and some new UCAs and get about 9" of wheel travel. More than enough for my needs and much more practical. If i could swing it this summer i would do so but it's not going to happen. Headers will probably go on in a week or two along with a tune and res delete.

Edited by 5RWill
  • Like 1