5RWill's 2014 Iridium Metallic Sierra Build

5RWill

do your 295/70/17s rub at all? reverse? i wanna go from 18s to 17s they should be a little smaller than what im running now but strongly considering the RT's. wondering what they actually measure with a tape? they are actually heavier than 295/7018s trail grapplers im running now

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 11:49 AM, Rkaroll953 said:

do your 295/70/17s rub at all? reverse? i wanna go from 18s to 17s they should be a little smaller than what im running now but strongly considering the RT's. wondering what they actually measure with a tape? they are actually heavier than 295/7018s trail grapplers im running now

They do slightly rub, least on my truck but it's at full lock both ways. I don't have a tape measure here but am going home this weekend and can get you a measurement. I've been running them at 40PSI for nearly a month since the last tire rotation because i'm in Jackson now at the medical center. I'll get off for the holidays and air them down to 30ish and run em like that for most of december.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:53 PM, seth7843 said:

Methods look awesome. Thanks for taking the time to make a detailed build thread.

Thanks man i wish i could've kept it going longer. I started school and everything has come to a halt. I find out if i'm in Dental School on the first. Still haven't put the headers on. Though i'm almost 100% positive i'm going to do it over christmas break. Since i got the the city my mileage has taken a serious beating. 11-13mpg in town and 15-16 on the highway at 70ish. This is with premium too. I might get slightly better with pure gas.

Thanks man i wish i could've kept it going longer. I started school and everything has come to a halt. I find out if i'm in Dental School on the first. Still haven't put the headers on. Though i'm almost 100% positive i'm going to do it over christmas break. Since i got the the city my mileage has taken a serious beating. 11-13mpg in town and 15-16 on the highway at 70ish. This is with premium too. I might get slightly better with pure gas.

You deflate your e-rated tires down to 30 in winter months? Any reason why?

Beautiful setup, I have a similar one. I def want to hear more about the headers install. I bet it sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ChevyRoofer said:

You deflate your e-rated tires down to 30 in winter months? Any reason why?

Beautiful setup, I have a similar one. I def want to hear more about the headers install. I bet it sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traction mainly. The RTs aired up don't really work that great in mud. Airing them down really allows those shoulder lugs to be of use. I saw it on a review and normally wouldn't think it meant that much but having been in some of the mud here between both pressures it seems to work. I don't have to spend them so much in the 25-30 range like i do in the 40 range.

• 5 years later...

Holy thread resurrection Batman! Been a while since I’ve done anything to the truck. Still running the same truck at 120k miles now with no issues.

New bumper got installed after some cosmetic defects were taken care of. also had a rough country rear bumper installed after rear ended like 2 years ago. I’m on my second set of RTs that have 50k on them. Latest upgrades are chassis unlimited octane bumper, rigid industry D2 fogs, morimoto HID (i still have to install these). I’ll probably move to 285/70r17 Cooper rugged treks soon. Then planning on maybe fox 2.0 coil overs and new UCAs by the end of 2024. 

Will have some of the underbody trimmed and painted to remove that ugliness 

IMG_0061.thumb.jpeg.000b691a56274d698fc2aeff805a6ba4.jpeg

IMG_1748.thumb.jpeg.61e5160ee793d462076c1ff7a160917d.jpeg

Edited by 5RWill
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eibach 2.0s and rear reservoirs on the way. About to to jump on Dirt kings sale for boxed UCAs. Took the cutting wheel to the under chassis hooks so they wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. Windshield just got replaced so that will have to be tinted again. Dually D2s are installed, I still have to put my HIDs in. And possibly might be ordering the skid plate if anyone is familiar with FFR beadlocks? https://ffrbeadlocks.com/products/skid-plate-for-2014-2018-gmc-1500-for-high-clearance-front-bumper

Then will be on to the bed liner and tune.

image.png.3963964518f828724b5df9a4b2c56346.png

Back from the shop. Passeger rear panel replaced, new windshield (third one lol), new bumper installed with Dually D2s. They couldn't install the HIDs for some reason. I'll have to do that this weekend. Dually D2s are hooked to the OEM fog light switch. Probably add another set of pods at some point. Eibach 2.0 coilovers, reservoir rears, and Dirt King UCAs are on the way. Need to tint the windshield ASAP and tune out the AFM ASAP. Will install the coilovers Christmas week. 

IMG_8648.thumb.jpg.16f20b031c7d72ae6cda87072f5749ff.jpg

IMG_8649.thumb.jpg.b8e98b373ba5ae8101772ef22ccec847.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coolant temp sensor repaired, fuel gauge fixed, by happenstance new hubs on the front, went ahead and installed the Dirt King UCAs. Diablo 87 octane tune applied and deleted AFM. Will have the custom tune from Lew soon. I'm pretty shocked at how much better my MPG is 290 mile trip back to Louisiana today. I calculated 18.5mpg, computer is saying 19.7mpg. Will be applying the bed liner and have the eibach's installed in the coming weeks.

IMG_1177.thumb.jpg.a5ac25b795e4bd9730ca39f9a6e20c52.jpg

IMG_8814.thumb.jpg.5305930614f29d99ca805795dc39f3bc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...