Help from the Duramax People...

By the sounds of it a 2500/3500 with gas engine would be perfect for you if you can live with the poor fuel economy. I'm like you, I have a 10k trailer that gets pulled less than a handful of times per year, the rest of the time it's my daily driver. I rarely put on more than 15,000 miles per year so fuel economy js not a deal breaker for me, I ordered a 3500 with the 6.0.

There are so many heaters on these trucks its crazy. Among all the heaters mentioned, there is an intake heater as well. Cold weather is not an issue with these trucks. I have a duramax and its my daily driver. I tow about once a month and i love this truck. Highly recommend the diesel.

my post may be irrelevant since i just got the truck yesterday, but already have put 150 miles on it and it is WONDERFUL to drive. you can tell you are in an HD truck but it has superb characteristics. and you almost can't even hear the diesel engine running. i think my favorite part so far is the Allison trans. it is just the best trans i have ever had the pleasure of driving.

yeah that is why i'm getting out of my FORD... i should have never gone to FORD.. the trans is my issue and i have decided Diesel and 2016 with the 8 Speed allison. with nice 20"

on a denali HD 2500 i don't need the 3500 (i will never haul more than the 10K trailer i have now) and i rarely fill the bed up with heavy items...

i can't wait to order... if they don't put the 8 speed in then going to look for a 2015 and get a deal. but i have insider info the 8 speed is this year and the 5th gen Duramax is 2017

Where did you hear about an 8 speed Allison?

I follow 2 very busy duramax forums and have never heard this before. (but I'd like to know more in case I go back to a duramax)

The existing 6 speed allison and 3.73 rear end puts the engine rpm in powerband sweet spot at highway speed.

Hook up the trailer, put it in D, engage tow-haul, turn on the exhaust brake, set the cruise and enjoy the trip.

Where did you hear about an 8 speed Allison?

I follow 2 very busy duramax forums and have never heard this before. (but I'd like to know more in case I go back to a duramax)

The existing 6 speed allison and 3.73 rear end puts the engine rpm in powerband sweet spot at highway speed.

Hook up the trailer, put it in D, engage tow-haul, turn on the exhaust brake, set the cruise and enjoy the trip.

I have a friend works at GM and he knows the teams that work on the DMAX side of the house... all i know is the 5th gen is coming 2017 and the 8 speed is coming in 16. The new trans helps with the MPG on the truck. i trust them... it's why I'm waiting 2 more months to order the 16 with the 8 speed... but i hear the current allison is just smooooooth... 8 speed smooooth just better fuel eco.

Well all I can say about the d-max is my dad owns one and my brother in law owns a company that has 8 of them in his fleet and they have have been workhorses! I believe he has 3 2014s, and 5 2012s! He switched from having all fords in his fleet to all gmc and Chevy! He said he won't be going back for a long time, had nothing but problems with powerstrokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the duramax fits your needs. as long as you tow a good amount with the truck then you should have no real issues. these trucks must tow so that the b/s emissions systems do not turn on your CEL. there is no way I would ever recommend you getting a gasser 2500, they drive like S*** in my opinion and get terrible gas mileage to boot.

I think the duramax fits your needs. as long as you tow a good amount with the truck then you should have no real issues. these trucks must tow so that the b/s emissions systems do not turn on your CEL. there is no way I would ever recommend you getting a gasser 2500, they drive like S*** in my opinion and get terrible gas mileage to boot.

I like that white Grill with CF in the middle... and those tires are large...

I like that white Grill with CF in the middle... and those tires are large...

Thank you. I swapped out my Chrome SLT grille and bought the GMC All Terrain grille. It is prob hard to tell because that picture is so small but the middle is not CF it just regular matte black.

Archived