2015 Chevy Silverado HD Custom Sport revealed

Gorehamj

silverado custom sport main.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
4/08/2015

Today at the Denver auto show Chevrolet unveiled its 2015 Silverado HD Custom Sport edition. This is an appearance package for the Silverado 2500 HD and 3500 HD. The new package includes a body-colored grille with chrome-accents and body-colored front and rear bumpers. The door handles and side molding are chrome and the trailering mirrors have chrome accents.

silverado custom sport wheels.jpg silverado custom sport rear.jpg

Polished aluminum wheels are also part of the look. On the 2500 HD the wheels are 20 inch, The 3500 HD gets 18 inch wheels on the single rear wheel version and duallys get 17". The trim level this package applies to is the LT or LTZ. The Custom Sport edition trucks can be had in in either Summit White or Black. Expect prices to range from $700 to $1,700. The Custom Sport can be ordered now from Chevy dealers.

silverado custom sport wheels.jpg

silverado custom sport rear.jpg

So they got rid of the chrome bumpers, but made sure the door handles, mirrors and other "accents" were chrome?!? What a joke. And they still can't get the tailgate handle to match?

I thought the same thing, haha. Color match the bumpers, but add chrome everywhere else? What the heck? Most people who want color matching, don't want chrome. :dunno:

So they got rid of the chrome bumpers, but made sure the door handles, mirrors and other "accents" were chrome?!? What a joke. And they still can't get the tailgate handle to match?

People really don't understand the word "custom" anymore do they?

You can color match real cheap, select the black paint and your ready to go !! One other thing, if I could determine option packages it would include a common sense pkg. like locking diff, fog lamps, H.D. suspension, Bigger brakes, dual exhaust, you know, things that matter. I wanted fog lamps on my previous Silverado in 2007 but you had to package upgraded stereo which had the controls on the steering wheel to buy fog lamps. The bumper did not have cut-outs for the lamps for an aftermarket install without the pkg. Every model year presents a bigger challenge to build a truck the way you would like it, this is referred to as cost savings for the customer. Try buying a regular cab the way you would like, hell, just try buying a regular cab that isn't white.

You can color match real cheap, select the black paint and your ready to go !! One other thing, if I could determine option packages it would include a common sense pkg. like locking diff, fog lamps, H.D. suspension, Bigger brakes, dual exhaust, you know, things that matter. I wanted fog lamps on my previous Silverado in 2007 but you had to package upgraded stereo which had the controls on the steering wheel to buy fog lamps. The bumper did not have cut-outs for the lamps for an aftermarket install without the pkg. Every model year presents a bigger challenge to build a truck the way you would like it, this is referred to as cost savings for the customer. Try buying a regular cab the way you would like, hell, just try buying a regular cab that isn't white.

Its about impossible to find a reg cab with a v8 thats not a work truck around here, and forget about the nicer amenities like leather

You cannot purchase a regular cab with leather, GM does not provide that option. I wonder if GM sends dealers a certain allotment of regular cab, long bed pick-ups without even so much as a locking diff or if the dealers order them that way. I have also wondered who thinks up these god awful exterior colors especially the ones that cost another $500 dollars like green and blue. I've heard that GM will make some improvements for the 2016 Sierra and Silverado, I wonder how much that will add to the MSRP.

It's been twelve years since I bought my 2500 HD LT 8.1 with Allison currently with 65K, and I think the new truck does not look as good as my '03. It must be Bean counters running the design & Engineering departments!! Sad day's ahead! :throwup:

dscn10451.jpg

Looks like the All Terrain pkg I have on my 2015 Sierra SLT crew cab. I agree the chrome on mirrors and door handles don't look quite right. Was thinking about changing out mirror caps with the body colored ones. I saw the Yukon Denali has body colored door handles with only a slight bit of chrome trim around the edge. Does anyone know if those are available for the Sierra? Can't find them online.

HD Sport? That's an oxymoron in my book. I have a RCLB with the 5.3 and you can order them any color you want and leather was available.

You cannot purchase a regular cab with leather, GM does not provide that option. I wonder if GM sends dealers a certain allotment of regular cab, long bed pick-ups without even so much as a locking diff or if the dealers order them that way. I have also wondered who thinks up these god awful exterior colors especially the ones that cost another $500 dollars like green and blue. I've heard that GM will make some improvements for the 2016 Sierra and Silverado, I wonder how much that will add to the MSRP.

As of 2015 model year you can. And you can get nav as well. As far as I know, dealers do the stock ordering (or the smaller ones atleast) and order them. We do.

GM is a poor sport when it comes to sport packages..

True..........There is absolutely nothing "sport" about this truck. All they did was add more crappy looking chrome and paint the front end of the truck. Their other "sport" consists of stripes. GM is a joke in the sport category.

Archived