Mike1220's SLT Sierra halos, color change DRLs, and FXR retrofit w

Are you going to be lifting your truck in the future? That's like the only thing left to do to it.

Yes, that's the only real thing I have left to need to do now that SCA finally gave a price on their bumper. It's back off my list of things to do lol

I'm gonna do a Zone 4.5 w/ 35x12.5x20 Cooper ST Maxx and right Anthem Defender 20x9 @ +18 offset

Mike you live in Louisiana?

Yes I do. From New Orleans but spend M-F in Laffayette for school

Thanks for answering. I'd like to see an up close closed. I just want to see how it looks with the strip in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1F1B25B8-D1CB-4AF2-AD2C-1F5FC1A2AB7D_zps

0F18AA4D-9DC7-435C-A6EA-A50D2E33643A_zps

157EA98C-5703-4528-840B-414A899D4217_zps

960F6688-493D-45F8-BB75-4022E1865051_zps

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow mike that is some details. Thanks for your constant contribution to the boards.

Love the new look. Question is weather I can do it :).

You could almost make a living modifying gmc headlights :P

Damn son thats some nice work you did right there (both on the headlight retrofit and the write up haha). Its good to know theres good people out there like you that are willing to help others out. I also have a couple questions i didn't want to text you and ask just incase someone else had the same question then they could see it on here. But it really looks sweet I'm pretty impressed Looks like one day we are going to have to meet up again so i can check it out and maybe i can even back light all your lightbars for you to make it stand out even more cause I know you have some big changes coming for that truck in the future, anyways i have a couple questions hopefully i didn't misread someone and ask what already has been answered:

1. How are the Halos staying in place on the lens?

2. What app do you use to control the colors? Im not familiar with how the LEDconcepts use the phones as a controller. I have a Wifi controller (Not from LEDconcepts, just a cheap amazon one) for all my RGB lights and i just use a app called Magic Color to control mine.

3. So do you have 3 of those driver things per headlight, like one driver for the halo, one driver for the top DRL, and a third driver for the bottom DRL and the same for the other headlight? ?

Damn son thats some nice work you did right there (both on the headlight retrofit and the write up haha). Its good to know theres good people out there like you that are willing to help others out. I also have a couple questions i didn't want to text you and ask just incase someone else had the same question then they could see it on here. But it really looks sweet I'm pretty impressed Looks like one day we are going to have to meet up again so i can check it out and maybe i can even back light all your lightbars for you to make it stand out even more cause I know you have some big changes coming for that truck in the future, anyways i have a couple questions hopefully i didn't misread someone and ask what already has been answered:

1. How are the Halos staying in place on the lens?

2. What app do you use to control the colors? Im not familiar with how the LEDconcepts use the phones as a controller. I have a Wifi controller (Not from LEDconcepts, just a cheap amazon one) for all my RGB lights and i just use a app called Magic Color to control mine.

3. So do you have 3 of those driver things per headlight, like one driver for the halo, one driver for the top DRL, and a third driver for the bottom DRL and the same for the other headlight? ?

We do man! I pass through all the time as you know. Just wait till the summer when I get my new bars, those will be backlit, not my cheap eBay bars lol. And to answer the questions

1) the halos are backed with 3M double sided tape from LEDconcepts. Just peel off the protective film and then stick them to the headlights and your good to go[emoji106]

2) so close to what LEDconcepts uses! LEDconcepts uses an app called Magic Light

73E4676A-7200-4F39-84E8-B4A89D5B7BA8.png

3) yes, there are technically 3 drivers per headlight, but there are only 5 driver boxes. The halos share a driver box but each LED strip has its own. I like this set up better than other companies because if something goes wrong with the LEDs, I can call customer service for a warranty claim, get w new driver, and if that works, then I have no need or requirement to reopen the headlights to see what's wrong. Whereas with other companies, the drivers are on the boards and so if something goes wrong, what happens? The headlight have to be reopened and then see what's wrong!

I completed my retro through the backside. Wish I could've had the brackets and go through the front. That way I could've painted the shrouds.

I completed my retro through the backside. Wish I could've had the brackets and go through the front. That way I could've painted the shrouds.

You could always open them back up [emoji57]

Yeah but I'll be trading her in on a 2015 4wd soon so no need. Will definitely do this retro on the new one too.

Why not bring the headlights with you? Just get the dealer to change them over when you get the new truck. Would save you from having to redo the work on the new lights

I was thinking of buying some new lights and taking mine to install in the the new truck but I don't know how much they are.

I didn't think the dealer would do that.

I can't imagine that they would have an issue with getting to keep the brand new lights (from the one you are buying) on the truck they now have to sell (your trade in).

Mike, the only thing I don't like about my retro and going in through the rear was my cutoff line isn't exactly straight on both headlights. They are a little off. And i dont know if i can adjust them enough to straighten them because I had to cut the factory tabs off to put the FXR 3" in there. Kind of made me wish I could start over. Lol

Looks awesome, man. I want to do something like this to my SLE headlights eventually. I really regret not getting an SLT lol

You might be interested in our SLT to SLE adapter harness once we have it all done.......should be a few weeks or so. Testing them now.

Archived