Mike1220's SLT Sierra halos, color change DRLs, and FXR retrofit w

Mike, the only thing I don't like about my retro and going in through the rear was my cutoff line isn't exactly straight on both headlights. They are a little off. And i dont know if i can adjust them enough to straighten them because I had to cut the factory tabs off to put the FXR 3" in there. Kind of made me wish I could start over. Lol

Buy one of our FXR adapter kits. Just finished up Version 2 which now accomodate the rear install method. It's not too late for your crooked FXRs man. Lol.

Even though the images below show the whole unit removed. The brackets are small enough to accomodate those installing from rear. Mike's build requires the opening of the headlight completely though since he did the leds as well.

3f13d6ee22ce38a65eeeba4de5c4328f.jpg

cf5c2fa6a33fb1b7d19bcb3feff9ef0d.jpg

64c83e39f95711cb9c16ad5c42e21f3a.jpg

Sorry Mike to post.in your thread. Nice writeup bud! I figured I would post updates since many will want to do the same retrofit as you. Thanks for the mentions as well.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy one of our FXR adapter kits. Just finished up Version 2 which now accomodate the rear install method. It's not too late for your crooked FXRs man. Lol.

Even though the images below show the whole unit removed. The brackets are small enough to accomodate those installing from rear. Mike's build requires the opening of the headlight completely though since he did the leds as well.

3f13d6ee22ce38a65eeeba4de5c4328f.jpg

cf5c2fa6a33fb1b7d19bcb3feff9ef0d.jpg

64c83e39f95711cb9c16ad5c42e21f3a.jpg

Sorry Mike to post.in your thread. Nice writeup bud! I figured I would post updates since many will want to do the same retrofit as you. Thanks for the mentions as well.

Not a problem, glad to see some pics of the new bracket :thumbs:

Mike or FASTWS6TA , i know you said I could purchase the new brackets to fix my FXR alignment but can I use them without the factory mounting points I had to cut off with my retro?

Mike or FASTWS6TA , i know you said I could purchase the new brackets to fix my FXR alignment but can I use them without the factory mounting points I had to cut off with my retro?

Yes the factory mounting posts need to be cut off when you use the bracket

Props Mike, I dont think I have the courage to cut into my headlights like that, but the result is awesome!

Thanks man! It's really not bad. The worst part is when you are sitting there with a working, expensive headlight sitting right in front of you and a Dremel in hand ready to cut it open. Starting the cut takes courage but once you start, the hardest part is over and all the fun begins.

Those factory posts have to be cut no matter what kind of method you use for the retrofit. The brackets we have ensures you have a perfect horizontal cutoff.

Have y'all done Silverado yet? I want FX-R projectors with LED highs. Are you taking orders yet? If not I will do them myself just have questions.

Have y'all done Silverado yet? I want FX-R projectors with LED highs. Are you taking orders yet? If not I will do them myself just have questions.

Yes we have. The FXR kit is on our website and the install directions are available as well. Real simple. The Sierra is more involved but the rear install method isn't bad for those even without experience in retofitting. Still trying to finish that install document.

Yes we have. The FXR kit is on our website and the install directions are available as well. Real simple. The Sierra is more involved but the rear install method isn't bad for those even without experience in retofitting. Still trying to finish that install document.

Would you mind PM so I can pick your brain about some ideas I have.

For your wiring harness, did you order the HD relay 9006? Were capacitor links needed?

Yes, I got the HD relay 9006 harness and no, I did not get and capacitor links and have had 0 problems

Archived