Mike1220's SLT Sierra halos, color change DRLs, and FXR retrofit w

Mike1220 I got the sierra kit from TRS and my capacitor link was bad from the start. Had them send me 2 more because my lights started blinking and would get worse the longer I drove. And my ballasts were making a loud buzzing noise from the start.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike1220 I got the sierra kit from TRS and my capacitor link was bad from the start. Had them send me 2 more because my lights started blinking and would get worse the longer I drove. And my ballasts were making a loud buzzing noise from the start.

are you using a 35W HID kit? I have a 50W and have 0 issues without the capacitor link

I don't know if that carries over if you are using a 35W HID with retrofitted projectors

Yeah 35 watt kit. When my 4wd gets here I'm gonna start a whole new retro from the front like you did. Paint the shrouds black and go with a 50 watt kit. I think I might spring for the osram cbi's too.

Yeah 35 watt kit. When my 4wd gets here I'm gonna start a whole new retro from the front like you did. Paint the shrouds black and go with a 50 watt kit. I think I might spring for the osram cbi's too.

Awesome [emoji106] let us know what you think of the CBI HIDs, if they are worth the money I would consider upgrading for better light output (the 50W HIDs I have now are good but still, the more the better right? Haha)

I have the older osrams from a few years ago from the retro I did in my srt4 on a morimoto 35w kit. They still work like the day I got them. Only issue I have with those is they are 4100k and they have a slight yellowish tint. Not to noticeable but I notice. Lol. I didn't think they would be worth the upgrade back then but it turns out they were. Hope this remains true with the osrams now. We'll see.

I have the older osrams from a few years ago from the retro I did in my srt4 on a morimoto 35w kit. They still work like the day I got them. Only issue I have with those is they are 4100k and they have a slight yellowish tint. Not to noticeable but I notice. Lol. I didn't think they would be worth the upgrade back then but it turns out they were. Hope this remains true with the osrams now. We'll see.

Awesome news! Hopefully the new ones will still do the same. Let me know when you get the new ones. Saving up for my lift right now but if someone says that the HIDs are worth the upgrade then I may just have to order me a set haha.

You might be interested in our SLT to SLE adapter harness once we have it all done.......should be a few weeks or so. Testing them now.

I would be interested in this.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome [emoji106] let us know what you think of the CBI HIDs, if they are worth the money I would consider upgrading for better light output (the 50W HIDs I have now are good but still, the more the better right? Haha)

Hey Mike,

I've got the Osram CBI's and they're good, but I can't say they were worth spending $185 for when I didn't need new bulbs. The Morimotos are good bulbs, and I'd say if they're working for you keep them till you need to replace them, then go for the CBI's...

I've got a couple spare sets of Morimoto's now in case an outage occurs. Don't get me wrong, the CBI's are better, but hard to justify the cost if you don't need bulbs.

Hey Mike,

I've got the Osram CBI's and they're good, but I can't say they were worth spending $185 for when I didn't need new bulbs. The Morimotos are good bulbs, and I'd say if they're working for you keep them till you need to replace them, then go for the CBI's...

I've got a couple spare sets of Morimoto's now in case an outage occurs. Don't get me wrong, the CBI's are better, but hard to justify the cost if you don't need bulbs.

Thank you for the input on that. [emoji106]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks diode dynamics for working with us and getting these completed. Rgbw boards with true white led not just rgb. Should be building sets in the next few weeks for those who have been waiting. Switchback boards also coming this week as well.

36c34c3cb7fe32b8660c18a0af82eea6.jpgd28fe1075b6ab4bf40a19b17e44b9ab5.jpg73f2c5961a9958568c197033cd294b17.jpg

Thanks diode dynamics for working with us and getting these completed. Rgbw boards with true white led not just rgb. Should be building sets in the next few weeks for those who have been waiting. Switchback boards also coming this week as well.

36c34c3cb7fe32b8660c18a0af82eea6.jpgd28fe1075b6ab4bf40a19b17e44b9ab5.jpg73f2c5961a9958568c197033cd294b17.jpg

I'm looking forward to the switchbacks [emoji106]

Archived