2017 Silverado spied!

Whoever wrote that is retarded. Silverado already has an aluminum hood since K2's launch. The hood cut line, air damn, and bumper look the same as well. All I see is new grille, and new headlights that may or may not look like the GMT-800 and older lights, but with K2 Sierra low/high beam projector up top and signal on the bottom. Probably end up looking like the K2 HD.

Just more stuff to cost even more money when it needs repairs. No thanks.

Maybe ... but will it get you HOME?

well it looks like a new turbo V6 and hopefully they up the HP on the 5.3 to about 380

More than anything else I think they should put more time in quality and building things correct .

TFL Truck caught the truck sitting in a parking lot. Judging by new pictures GM has changed the front end more than expected.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2015/04/2017-chevy-silverado-1500-prototype-caught-in-the-wild-spied/

Some of the rumors Truck Trend mentioned seem extremely far fetched. I don't see GM putting a TT V6 in the Silverado. The Ecoboost has already demonstrated that turbo gas V6's don't provide any advantage in fuel economy.

Hopefully GM has worked out the bugs with their aluminum manufacturing process. It looks like Ford has been struggling with repeatability and quality control. The body panel and paint fit and finish has been pretty horrific so far...

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/need-advice-couple-paint-issues-my-truck-296729/index2/#post4118440

And guys were upset about their K2's paint.

After seeing my neighbor's ordeal with Ford over the Ecoboost that the techs straight from Detroit could NOT even figure out, I think I'd pass on a TT 6 ... if the sticker shock didn't make me pass first.

Looks like the factory isn't doing the proper prep work on the aluminum either. Maybe Ford and GM ought to head to Japan and get schooled on aluminum painting from Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki - they were painting aluminum on their motorcycles in the 1960's, and some of it is still sticking TODAY!

post-65085-0-76190000-1430088915_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Wow they are really aggressive with refreshes...I guess after the 07-13 they want to stay a bit more current :rolleyes:

EDIT: Not to burst anyone's bubble, but judging by the dates on the articles, as well as what I can see in the pictures....These are the 16 test mules. I remember looking all over for news on the 16 because I was worried I wasn't going to be able to get a 15, and they were going to change the styling.

Archived