We Can't Return The 015 Colorado..

RobertSlateZ71

Question

After a weeks wait (because my wife drove it for the first week) I drove the 2015 Chevy Colorado for the first time today from MD to PA over the weekend and the results are in.. I hate it.. As a 6''3'' tall male here's what I had to face on a 4 hour drive:
1) I kept hitting my knees on the steering column upon entering and exiting the truck..
2) The seats do not have a memory setting because my wife is shorter than I,
3) The headrest (when raised or lowered) forces my neck forward and is very discomfortable while resting between my shoulder blades..
4) I felt cramped in the drivers seat..
5) The hood "flutters" in high wind..
6) Many of the gauge indicator lights cannot be seen because the either the steering wheel is in the way or just because of improper instrument cluster placement.. it took me 40 mins to find the cruse control because it was blocked by the tac pointer.. Running at 2000 RPM the light can't be seen because it right behind the tac pointer..
7) The temp and fuel gauge are totally obstructed/obsolete being that they are at eye level to the steering wheel..
8) One other thing I notice while driving this truck, is that my wife and I caught each other yawning.. constantly.. does this mean Chevy/GM is putting the drivers asleep at the wheel with this truck?.. maybe it's missing excitement because several times we both nearly fell asleep..
9) I felt like my wife was hornswoggled into buying this trucks.. first we enter the dealer wanting 4wheel drive but settled for a 4x2 Then we couldn't decide what color.. But one thing that really yanked my chain.. was when the salesman told me the reason chevy is bringing these truck into the US is because many of these are being made in Mexico and that this midsize Colorado would attract the latino market.. and this is just the beginning..

The only Good thing about this drive today.. we got 23.7 mpg city & 27.9 mpg highway.

So now we're stuck with a $640 month payment and our insurance went up 20% for a truck we can't drive nor do I like.. Does this look like the face of a happy man.. I doubt it..
Updated:
The first time I test drove the truck was from the dealership to the gas station.. about 2 blocks.. and thats as far as the dealer would allow.. but for more than a week my wife drove it.. until the following weekend.. Once I was able to drive it.. for more than 4 hours I couldn't get comfortable.. One part of the puzzle is the head rest.. if anyone has a 015 Rado.. they will note that the headrest adjusts forward about 4 inches from the seat.. In may case.. it forces my neck forward be it lowered or raised.. the rest is other adjustments which I couldn't find.. lastly I bruised my neck several time entering and exiting the truck..
Mind you my wife is shorter than I so she has to adjust it to her needs.. so were back and forth and the seat doesn't have any sort of memory setting and only offers a 6 way adjustments. we attempted to take the truck back last night.. and was told that there would be a 6K fee added to any new or used car or truck & that we needed 5k as a down payment.. 11K added on a new or used vehicle is not acceptable.. So now we can't take the truck back and I've been searching aftermarket seats.. but that would only take care of the seat issue and not the other issue like when I tilt the steering wheel my arms go numb..
Edmunds has been helping me with this issue to some degree..
Clearly I can not drive this truck.. one last issue and this is odd.. but everytime I'm in the truck I get sleepy.. or real tired.. perhaps the "new" car smell as something added as to make me sleepy or I'm simply bored with this peice of crap.. it looks as if we are going to keep this truck well maintained for at least 2 years (until the free oil changes run out) while my wife simply drives it back and forth to work.. thus cutting into any future travel plans.. Stock pyle the green and get the hell out of it.. Unless someone here wants to assume a $640 a month payment..

First off, $640 per month for a Colorado, holy crap, that would have been the deal breaker for me, that payment is a nicely equipped 1500 with almost nothing down.

They are giving virtually no discounts on these trucks right now and like everything GM is selling now, they are priced much higher than they should be for what you get.

Does your wife like it? It is her truck? Who cares, you don't drive it except on rare occasions. So are you forcing her to return because you can't get comfortable in it and have to make "manual" adjustments since there are no memory options? If that is the case I feel sorry for your wife. What kind of man gets "hornswoggled" into buying something, be a man and say no...

Tyler

Update:

It looks like we may have found an error on the paperwork which might get us out of the deal..

Stay tuned.. this aint over till the fat lady sings..

Good luck to you but I have to say reading your story, remember the fact that this is on you and your wife, unless your dealer intentionally lied to you about a new truck being used or something to that extreme I very much doubt you will get a refund without taking a hit for it now being a used truck.

wow!

first off i just bought a brand new 2015 sierra Denali 1500 with every option. a nearly 60k vehicle and my lease payment is only 692 a month!

after having bought 20 new vehicles in the past 20 years you clearly do not know how to negotiate!

Boy does this one emphasize the modern thinking that " ain't my fault man", I would think both husband and wife signed on the dotted line now are whining that they were wronged...so no comfort coming from here.

The complaint is pop does not like the vehicle but mom does but pop wants what little was put down,, back, and it is GM's fault the buyers made a stupid move.

Again indicative of today's thinking " we may have found an error on the paperwork which might get us out of the deal" anything is fair game for me to screw others. Just maybe the OP could admit fault and get on with his life ( and $640 a month payment) ---- wonder how many months that $640 must be withdrawn from the budget--60?--72? Damn !

I reread this and the answer is simple. He said he was canceling all his trips, well take your ride. In very few cases I would drive my wife's car on a trip. We have different taste in cars.

One thing I would say is my wife would never go out a buy a vehicle on her own and not let me drive it the same day and if she did her ass would be up the road with her $640 truck payment. Vehicles are a major purchase and husband and wife should be in a agreement on the purchase.

Archived