We Can't Return The 015 Colorado..

RobertSlateZ71

Question

After a weeks wait (because my wife drove it for the first week) I drove the 2015 Chevy Colorado for the first time today from MD to PA over the weekend and the results are in.. I hate it.. As a 6''3'' tall male here's what I had to face on a 4 hour drive:
1) I kept hitting my knees on the steering column upon entering and exiting the truck..
2) The seats do not have a memory setting because my wife is shorter than I,
3) The headrest (when raised or lowered) forces my neck forward and is very discomfortable while resting between my shoulder blades..
4) I felt cramped in the drivers seat..
5) The hood "flutters" in high wind..
6) Many of the gauge indicator lights cannot be seen because the either the steering wheel is in the way or just because of improper instrument cluster placement.. it took me 40 mins to find the cruse control because it was blocked by the tac pointer.. Running at 2000 RPM the light can't be seen because it right behind the tac pointer..
7) The temp and fuel gauge are totally obstructed/obsolete being that they are at eye level to the steering wheel..
8) One other thing I notice while driving this truck, is that my wife and I caught each other yawning.. constantly.. does this mean Chevy/GM is putting the drivers asleep at the wheel with this truck?.. maybe it's missing excitement because several times we both nearly fell asleep..
9) I felt like my wife was hornswoggled into buying this trucks.. first we enter the dealer wanting 4wheel drive but settled for a 4x2 Then we couldn't decide what color.. But one thing that really yanked my chain.. was when the salesman told me the reason chevy is bringing these truck into the US is because many of these are being made in Mexico and that this midsize Colorado would attract the latino market.. and this is just the beginning..

The only Good thing about this drive today.. we got 23.7 mpg city & 27.9 mpg highway.

So now we're stuck with a $640 month payment and our insurance went up 20% for a truck we can't drive nor do I like.. Does this look like the face of a happy man.. I doubt it..
Updated:
The first time I test drove the truck was from the dealership to the gas station.. about 2 blocks.. and thats as far as the dealer would allow.. but for more than a week my wife drove it.. until the following weekend.. Once I was able to drive it.. for more than 4 hours I couldn't get comfortable.. One part of the puzzle is the head rest.. if anyone has a 015 Rado.. they will note that the headrest adjusts forward about 4 inches from the seat.. In may case.. it forces my neck forward be it lowered or raised.. the rest is other adjustments which I couldn't find.. lastly I bruised my neck several time entering and exiting the truck..
Mind you my wife is shorter than I so she has to adjust it to her needs.. so were back and forth and the seat doesn't have any sort of memory setting and only offers a 6 way adjustments. we attempted to take the truck back last night.. and was told that there would be a 6K fee added to any new or used car or truck & that we needed 5k as a down payment.. 11K added on a new or used vehicle is not acceptable.. So now we can't take the truck back and I've been searching aftermarket seats.. but that would only take care of the seat issue and not the other issue like when I tilt the steering wheel my arms go numb..
Edmunds has been helping me with this issue to some degree..
Clearly I can not drive this truck.. one last issue and this is odd.. but everytime I'm in the truck I get sleepy.. or real tired.. perhaps the "new" car smell as something added as to make me sleepy or I'm simply bored with this peice of crap.. it looks as if we are going to keep this truck well maintained for at least 2 years (until the free oil changes run out) while my wife simply drives it back and forth to work.. thus cutting into any future travel plans.. Stock pyle the green and get the hell out of it.. Unless someone here wants to assume a $640 a month payment..

Im sorry but I'm 6'3 and i have the extended cab and I have no issues what so ever. Ive also put 6,000 miles on mine in 4 months and two 1,000 mile round trips and was very comfortable. I have the electric driver seat so you can move it up and down which helps me a lot. Im not sure of how the options work, I have the LT.

It doesn't sound like your happy so I would try and get out and just move on to another one; especially with that payment.

Im not trying to be an ass but these are my observations.

1) It doesn't sound like you have the steering wheel adjusted correctly at all, the wheel goes up and down, in and out.

2) This is really an option at this point ( I do miss this from my Silverado)
3) Agree, but i don't sit up straight. Better then the 2012-13 ones they had in other models that pushed forward, that was bad.
4) I don't have this feeling at all but is a personal feeling i guess. Seat could be a little wider.
5) Mine has a slight movement but its a lightweight hood so isn't too bothersome.
6) Again the steering wheel goes up and down, If its not adjusted correctly then you won't see the fuel/temp. Agree at 2000 it is blocked by the tach and could have been moved, but when you set the cruise control the 3 inch display will read "Cruise set XXMPH"
7) Again Steering wheel placement is key, not all people are the same hight and so on.
8) Not sure how to respond other then its very quite and very smooth inside this truck.

Edit: Words

These trucks are geared toward 20 year old white males. They are trying to tap into the tacoma market. Look at the commercials for it. Sorry that you have to deal with it, but its your wife's truck and she can drive it fine. I'm guessing you have your own vehicle to drive.

9) I felt like my wife was hornswoggled into buying this trucks.. first we enter the dealer wanting 4wheel drive but settled for a 4x2 Then we couldn't decide what color.. But one thing that really yanked my chain.. was when the salesman told me the reason chevy is bringing these truck into the US is because many of these are being made in Mexico and that this midsize Colorado would attract the latino market.. and this is just the beginning..

til the free oil changes run out) while my wife simply drives it back and forth to work.. thus cutting into any future travel plans.. Stock pyle the green and get the hell out of it.. Unless someone here wants to assume a $640 a month payment..

The salesman was confused. You should find or found a tag stating it was built at the Wentzville, MO plant. The first digit of the VIN will tell you the country of origin.

I thought gm puts plant assembled on inside of driver door. I would think a new Colorado would be an easy sell.

wow!

first off i just bought a brand new 2015 sierra Denali 1500 with every option. a nearly 60k vehicle and my lease payment is only 692 a month!

after having bought 20 new vehicles in the past 20 years you clearly do not know how to negotiate!

Bought and lease are two different things....

I'm 6'3" as well and comfortable in most if not all GM vehicles. I originally started posting on this forum when I first bought my Hummer H3T. It has some issues but not enough that I would sell the truck. The seats are comfortable but for the fact that the seat base could be slightly longer for more thigh support. I wish the steering wheel telescoped back a bit. Mine adjusts up and down; that's it. My arms are stretched out a bit when my seat is adjusted back for leg room. One of the reasons I pay attention to the Colorado/ Canyon forums is because I like that size of truck. I kept my '89 K1500 EC for all the heavy jobs that come along so I didn't need another full-size truck when I retired six years ago when I bought my H3T and I now have 88K on the truck. I kind of wish I had the 3.6L V-6 but the 3.7L I5 seems to do the job okay; it just seems like GM gave up on that engine. Hummer seats were an upgrade and popular for the GenI Colorado/ Canyon owners. I installed Recaro seats in my K1500 and that made quite a difference in what was the already comfortable 60/ 40 bench seat.

I just can't believe someone has a payment on a Colorado for $600 and another person has a lease payment for $692. At least with the Colorado you'll own it in 5 years where as the $692 after 3 years you have almost $25k invested in a vehicle you don't own.

Wow, my ten year old niece didn't cry this much when she crashed on her bike.

Yet, another example of an indivdual not owning their own actions.

Take a good, solid 5-minute look in the mirror.

No sympathy here.

Sorry to sound harsh, but why did you buy this truck? You weren't allowed to "test drive" it more than a few blocks? You should have turned around and told them to keep it if you can't drive it enough to figure out if you like it or not. Sorry brother, but this ones on you. Knowone had a gun to your head did they when you signed the papers? This isn't there fault. YOU should have spent more time figuring out if it suited you and your wife before signing the papers. Sounds like buyers remorse to me.

Not sounding harsh at all.. However, my wife bought it not I.. and it turns out I can't drive it.. which totally disrupts the flow of things.. She seen this truck and she just had to have it.. not thinking she did, she left me out of the picture.. just assumed i can fit in.. so now I have to resort to folding/pushing up the passenger seat forward and sitting in the extended cap area.. cause those seats are actually comfortable to me.

First off, $640 per month for a Colorado, holy crap, that would have been the deal breaker for me, that payment is a nicely equipped 1500 with almost nothing down.

I am sorry to say there is nothing you can do besides roll the negative equity into something you like better, possibly an older used model at a great deal or find something new that has a ton of rebates so you can roll the negative equity into it without getting any worse off.

I would never buy from a place that limited my test drive, way too much competition out there for that. Most places, like Maroone / AutoNation here in the south will have a 3 day no questions asked return policy. That is a great option if you trade this in on something else. I always do everything i can in those 3 days to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Sadly, buyers remorse is not covered in the lemon law. Hell I should have bought a DMAX instead but you live and learn.

Hey.. one of those deals.. wife wanted it and simply left me out.. yes.. and we did buy it from autonation.. and yes was given three days to test drive.. but like i said.. she drove it for a week to work and back and never thought about letting me drive it until the weekend.. which by that time was too late. Hey I have to deal with this for 2 years or less.. then we'll be able to get out.. who knows.. "something" might transpire and we can get out of it sooner.. like driving up to the dealer, handing them the keys and simply walking away.. and it may come to this.. I'm not the one who made the mistake.. wife had a brain fart..

Also.. a 40 min test drive doesn't compare to a 4 hour test drive.. and the dealer wasn't about to allow us to have the truck for 4 hours.. as long as she's happy and she was.. until she realized that I can't drive it.. now she wants to get rid of it.. and if her back starts hurting.. I'm sure she will drive it to the dealer with or without me and hand them the keys..

The good thing its her truck, my wife never drove my truck no one has but me, never will. I only drive my wife's car to check it out. Having a car or truck is like having a toothbrush every one should have their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived