2007 Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Z71 4X4. Power window problem.

robrieg

Question

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my driver's side rear window. Window won't go down. I pulled the door panel off and checked the power to the door switch and it's getting power. Then I checked the plug going to the motor but not getting power when I press the door switch down. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

14 answers to this question

There is no power going from the door switch to the plug that plugs into the motor so the motor is not getting any power that's why the motor is not working.

There is no power going from the door switch to the plug that plugs into the motor so the motor is not getting any power that's why the motor is not working.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is no power going from the switch to the plug. So I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem?

Yea I was afraid of that. I will have to figure out the wiring, which 2 wires from the switch plug go to the motor plug.

Thanks

brown is hot when down ground when up, the dark blue is hot when up ground when down

I used a test light on the plug to the motor while pressing the switch up and down and the test light did not light up.

Well if you are getting power on the switch out put and not on the motor your harness has a break in it.

Ok, here's the deal. I had to replace the rear passenger side window regulator because the cable was all kinked up and now it's working beautiful. So I checked the plug going to the switch to see which wires were getting power on the working passenger side window. Power is going to the switch plug is the red/white wire and the light blue/white wire.

So then I went over to the driver's side rear window and checked the plug that goes into the switch. I found that there was power going to the smaller light blue wire but there was no power from the red/white wire. I also checked the brown wire when pressing the switch down and no power out. Same thing when pressing the switch up, no power out on the dark blue wire. So I'm guessing because there no power from the red/white wire going to the switch plug is the reason that it's not working. Is there a fuse for this rear red/white wire?

Wiring diagram does not show a relay involved. It show a brown wire for down and dark blue for up and use your multimeter to check continuity from switch plug to to motor plug Also check for corrosion and and to clarify the polarity switches back and forth sending positive voltage to brown for down while grounding blue

Archived