My New 3500hd

Well after a painfully long wait and even longer wait since I can't pick it up till after work today my dealer snapped a pic for me.

And as per the usual with my life it has a few things that I didn't want and didn't order.

1. The steps are suppose to be chrome not black

2. should have molded mud flaps on it

3. the black bow ties aren't something I even brought up let alone ordered.

The dealer is at least saying they aren't sure what happened and are ordering the correct parts. The bow ties will stay, but the steps will go to chrome and flaps installed. I'm happy they are at least fixing the issues and not charging me for them.

Interior wise it's just black with heated cloth buckets, the bigger screen but no nav(I use my phone), Bose, And weathertechs.

Plans: keep her pretty stock other then maybe chrome caps for the mirrors, A billet grille for the gaping hole in the bumper, 35% tint on the fronts, and chrome window moldings.

I'm keeping her pretty stock since all my past trucks I've either lifted, lowered or leveled. I'm a little tired of buying rims and expensive tires just to see the rims go to hell in the winter and the tires last a lot less then cheap stockers. I guess the older I get the less I like to do to the truck. Plus I have 3 classic cars I'd rather spend the money on. (62 impala ss, 53 chevy 210, and a 27 model T)

just one picture for now till I actually pick it up in a few hours.

IMG_7691.jpg

Good looking truck but I think the black steps look better then the chrome cause it matches the mirrors plus you will be sorry after a year or so that you got the chrome living in MN they will not look pretty for long, as for the black bow tie I have been seeing more HD's on the road and some on dealer lots with the black bow ties as its a GM accessory and I don't like them at all, I think the factory gold one looks better, make them change it before you pick it up.

Good looking truck but I think the black steps look better then the chrome cause it matches the mirrors plus you will be sorry after a year or so that you got the chrome living in MN they will not look pretty for long, as for the black bow tie I have been seeing more HD's on the road and some on dealer lots with the black bow ties as its a GM accessory and I don't like them at all, I think the factory gold one looks better, make them change it before you pick it up.

While I would agree that most of the time the chrome goes to hell It seems to me that the aftermarket steps do, but gm ones don't. I have seen the black gm ones bubble and rust, but not the chrome ones. That was the main reason I went that way. Im up in the air on the bow tie. I may spray it white or just get a billet one someday we'll see.

Keep the black! They match your mirrors, clearance lights and "bottom" of your bumpers.

For now they do, but I really want the chrome caps like the ltz ones. When I do that chances are pretty high that I will paint these white and add the chrome caps. It's like a damn disease really. Do one mod that leads to another and next thing I know it won't fit height wise in my garage :happysad:

For now they do, but I really want the chrome caps like the ltz ones. When I do that chances are pretty high that I will paint these white and add the chrome caps. It's like a damn disease really. Do one mod that leads to another and next thing I know it won't fit height wise in my garage :happysad:

I feel the SAME way !!!

Way to go! White rules! Good looking ride. I have stainless steel Raptor running boards on my 2015 2500HD, molded splash guards up front, Freightliner mud flaps in back. Needed some serious rock protection for anything being towed on the gravel roads I have to drive up and down. After a rain or a spring thaw on my roads, if I had only molded splash guards, I would be sending a rooster tail of rocks and mud behind me. As for white color, those of us who have been living on gravel roads for a long time learned a long time ago that white actually shows dirt less than the other colors.

forgot to add... one of the first things for you to do after getting it is putting a screen in the bumper gap in front of the trans cooler. It is totally exposed from the factory and susceptible to getting a rock thru it down low where it is. I put one of these on. I got the Punched Stainless Steel version. Really looks good sitting in the black area of the bumper.

http://www.carid.com/2015-chevy-silverado-grill/putco-punch-grille-insert-29343204.html

Way to go! White rules! Good looking ride. I have stainless steel Raptor running boards on my 2015 2500HD, molded splash guards up front, Freightliner mud flaps in back. Needed some serious rock protection for anything being towed on the gravel roads I have to drive up and down. After a rain or a spring thaw on my roads, if I had only molded splash guards, I would be sending a rooster tail of rocks and mud behind me. As for white color, those of us who have been living on gravel roads for a long time learned a long time ago that white actually shows dirt less than the other colors.

forgot to add... one of the first things for you to do after getting it is putting a screen in the bumper gap in front of the trans cooler. It is totally exposed from the factory and susceptible to getting a rock thru it down low where it is. I put one of these on. I got the Punched Stainless Steel version. Really looks good sitting in the black area of the bumper.

http://www.carid.com/2015-chevy-silverado-grill/putco-punch-grille-insert-29343204.html

Thanks man. I went from a blacked out truck to this. Love black, but I agree white hides way more then most think. Also with the damn salt they throw down up here its a lot less noticeable. I know I need to do something for the bumper, but I was actually thinking of building my own so it would match the Lt "billet" style grille. maybe do some black mesh behind , but I want the bars to look like the factory grille. Or i'll do polished billet grilles for everything so they match.

I literally have no plans this weekend so any specific pictures anyone wants I can take. I'm just sitting in the thing figuring everything out for the next two days haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some minor updates. Added tint and bought a bumper grille. I'm a little unhappy with the Grille and may end up either buying the matching set for the grille or making something for the bumper to match better with the truck grille. Next on the list is to install the Stainless exhaust tip I bought, spray in bed liner, chrome caps for the mirrors, paint the tailgate handle so it matches the door handles.

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7769.jpg

Archived