2014 GMC SIERRA BRAKE ISSUES?

keyslife

Hello to all,

I'm new on this forum and wanted to inquire about any brake or brake pad, rotor issues on a 2014 GMC SIERRA.

I bought this truck new last July 2014. I already have 24,000 miles on it. I had some grinding noise coming from the front wheel and thought it was the hub.

Took the car in to the dealer to find out that my left brake pads and rotor were done. Wear and tear they call it. It sounds to me that something caused the left side to wear out since the right side is at 6mm.

Has anyone had similar issues or knows anything other than the dealer excuse??? I just can't imagine a $55,000 truck wear it's pads out on one side like this.

Thanks for your input.

From my experience, GM always had good breaks. Still riding my Avalanche with original breaks, 72k miles.

same here . my 2006 GMC 1500 has 71000 on the original brakes. I think something is fishy .

• 1 month later...

I had a 2005 Silverado 2500 where I had multiple issues with the calipers. I had to pay to have them replaced 3 times in only 65K miles. It wasn't until this last summer that I learned about an issue with the stainless steel sliders. Rust develops around them and they would bind causing issues with the calipers and premature wear. Cost me a ton of $$ in brake repairs. I got rid of it this past fall.

I now have a 2014 Sierra 1500 SLT. I have been having intermittent issues with something causing drag on the drive train. The problem comes and goes. I drove to NJ from MA this past weekend. The whole way there and while I was there it was fine. Driving home around the CT / RI border I started getting fatigue in my right leg. When the problem occurs I need to use more pressure on the accelerator and it causes aches in my leg. I also notice significant reduction in MPG's when it occurs and road bumps seem harsher. My braking power also seems less. It is as though the power assist isn't working and I need to apply more force on the brake pedal. It also shifts hard when the issue is in play. It feels very similar to how my Chevy felt when the calipers were hanging. I have had it looked at and they couldn't find anything wrong. I am getting close to an oil change and will have the inspect it again. Eventually something is going to start showing premature wear. It sucks but it seems as though today's mechanics can't troubleshoot without the computer spitting out some sort of error codes.

Time will tell. I'll keep Google'ing the issue and I'll keep having the dealer check it out. Sooner or later something will develop making it more noticeable to repair. I am at about 17K miles currently.

Archived