New to Group Key Fob Help GMC 03 Ext.Crew Cab

DJ_EZe

Hello all
name is Mark and I am new to the group, but don’t that that fool ya ;)
live in NV USA and been driving accross the states in my little Blazer 2 door since 2003, Grate little SUV...
bought it new. and just traded it in for a used GMC 2003 GMC Dainuli Sierra 2500 Extended Cab 4x4 with R/r steer.
post-133550-0-10799100-1429645689_thumb.jpg

this is Our Very first NEW to Us Truck ;) and love the move ;)

anyhow ;)

Just finished installing the ///Alpine 9886 deck and new door speakers to boot, installed the Icom 2100H VHF ham radio and its 5/8th wave antenna did the coax and power runs, looks neat and tidy and no wire showing :)

all went well... So, sitting in the driver’s seat in the truck, looking around and noticed that "everything" has power something, locks, windows, steering, seat, morrors, etc., and one thing led to another, and wonder if the truck was fitted with Key-less entry.
So I called the local GMC dealership and enquired, gave them the Vin number of the truck and he was able to look up that info up, and sure enough, it was fitted with one.. ((keep this in mind))

the dealership wanted $50 for each key fob and $50 for programming each one... ? really...

After long research, I found a place that had the key fobs for my year and model of truck, so I bought 2 Fob's from them. They arrived over the weekend, both me and my wife went to the truck with the programming sheet, to program them to the truck, Followed the instructions to the letter, Click Click, ok in programming mode, hold down remote buttons...

30 sec... 1 min, 2... Nothing... hmm?

as I do a lot of electronics and involved in Ham radio, I pulled the remote apart to Checked batt. in remote to make sure there was no paper/plastic around the battery that may be preventing operation, as you do when you get new battery electronics, but nothing was in there... just the battery and Circuit board... all looked good... so I did the same to the 2nd remote, and still had the same end result, nothing happened...

so I email the key fob store, and now they are asking me, if I have the Org. key Fob and to email them the I.D on the back of the Org. key fob (that I don’t have)........ I guess to confirm the correct remote?

But, I do not have the Org. remote as I bought the truck used.

so my next question is "How" do I find out this info that I am missing, so I can get the correct key fob for the truck?

How does the dealer ship look up this info to find the correct fob for make morel/year

What info am I missing if any?

Any help would be most appreciative. just trying to make this as easy as possible.

Thanks all. 73.

.M.

Welcome!

Dealers use your VIN number to get the part number right from the part catalog. Fortunately, alot of the remotes 2003-2007 on pickup trucks are basically the same.

The current number for your truck is 21997127. 15132197 and 15132198 are other valid numbers. An aftermarket supplier can cross those to find you a match if you choose to buy them from someone other than the dealer. If you are willing to buy them from the dealer, you can try the self programming yourself, and be sure you have the right fobs.

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
  1. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
  1. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
  1. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
  1. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
  1. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
  1. Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
  1. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Also, is that the truck in your picture above? Looks nice. However, that is a 1500 series truck, not a 2500.

Hi thanks for the Reply brother...
The Back of mine just says GMC Serri Denali. and only had her for 3 months now...

Yes that is the truck in the picture... Hint new to me truck lol ok 1500 cool now we know what we have :)
Yup we got that same cheet sheet and still it dose not work....

not quite sure what this is refering to: The current number for your truck is 21997127. 15132197 and 15132198

This was the Fob's they sent to me for the truck...
Fob ID:
Canada: 109G12021
Model/Fcc ID: LHJ11
Basic 3 button Fob: Lock/ Unlock/ Panic

and is that your 2500HD?
Nice :crazy:

Hi thanks for the Reply brother...

The Back of mine just says GMC Serri Denali. and only had her for 3 months now...

Yes that is the truck in the picture... Hint new to me truck lol ok 1500 cool now we know what we have :)

Yup we got that same cheet sheet and still it dose not work....

not quite sure what this is refering to: The current number for your truck is 21997127. 15132197 and 15132198

This was the Fob's they sent to me for the truck...

Fob ID:

Canada: 109G12021

Model/Fcc ID: LHJ11

Basic 3 button Fob: Lock/ Unlock/ Panic

and is that your 2500HD?

Nice :crazy:

Those three numbers are GM part numbers for the key remote. Those are what I would use to match up a key fob.

Archived